Chapter 17

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?"

I almost laughed at how desperate Taehyung was to get out of the house. I couldn't blame him though, I also had to endure watching Ava drool over Namjoon while also murdering Jin with her eyes for the last few days.

"Taehyung, you're not going anywhere," Jin rested his hand on Tae's shoulder, pulling him back into the living room. "You have to help me get that whore away from Namjoon."

"I've been trapped in here for the last 5 days come on!!"

I laughed to myself, shaking my head as I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door. I had to make sure I went alone. It had taken much convincing, but Namjoon agreed to let me leave on my own as long as I kept my location on.

I needed to sit down and talk to Jungkook before he ended up getting hostile with me.

As if on cue, I felt someone fall into step beside me and I didn't even have to look over to know it was him. "You have to stop following me, people are going to notice."

"I don't care if people notice," he grumbled, shoving his hands deep inside his pockets. "You did this to yourself."

"I'm not something you can just claim, Jungkook," I sighed, stopping in my tracks to turn and face him. "I'm a human being. You can't just give me the ugliest hickey I've ever seen and claim me as your own. That's not how that works."

He didn't say anything for a second, and I turned around to keep walking. He suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me into a dark alley nearby. My heart dropped and I began to panic.

He slammed me against the wall behind me and rested his hands on either side of my face. "You really don't get it, do you?"

I held my breath as he chuckled dangerously. He leaned forward and rested his head on the wall beside my face. "I'm not like every other guy, Miss Kim. I would kill a man who dared to touch you after I have. You do belong to me, and I'll be damned if you think you don't."

"Jungkook--"

(Yeah if you don't wanna read the intense stuff, you might wanna skip forward a bit 😅)

His lips attacked mine, and my eyes widened with shock. I attempted to push him away but he grabbed my wrists and slammed them against the wall. I felt his teeth bite down hard on my bottom lip, and I winced in pain.

"Haeyoung," Jungkook breathed into my mouth, forcing my chin up and letting his lips travel down my neck. "You're doing a terrible job resisting me."

I felt another bite on my collarbone and gasped in pain. "If that leaves a mark I swear to God--"

"What?" Jungkook growled, lifting his eyes to meet mine. I swallowed hard as he released my wrists and let his hands slide under my shirt. "What will you do? You seem to be enjoying this."

Before I could answer, his hands lifted my bra over my breasts. He squeezed them hard, and a moan slipped through my lips to which he smirked. "That's what I thought."

He moved his hands out and let his head go under my shirt. I bit down on my lip as I felt him begin to suck on my nipples, feeling occasional bites here and there. Thankfully, these hickeys would only be seen by me.

"Should I keep going, or have you got the message?" He mumbled against my skin, and I pursed my lips. "I'm just getting started with your punishment."

The way he said punishment made me shiver and I felt a warmth settle in the pit of my stomach. He pulled his head out of my shirt and pulled my bra back down. "You didn't have to go this far to prove your point."

He smiled cutely, and I had a hard time believing this was the same Jungkook from 2 seconds ago. "But you liked it though. There's more where that came from, baby."

(Okay you can pick up here)

"We're in a fucking alley in New York, this is disgusting," I mumbled, pushing him aside and wandering back out of the alley. "If you wanted to quote on quote punish me, you could've taken me somewhere classy."

"Is that you hinting you want more?" Jungkook purred into my ear, and I felt my cheeks heat up as I shoved him away again. "Don't tease me, kitten, I can book a hotel right now."

"You're annoying, you know that?" I sighed, shaking my head as we walked down the street. "We really need to talk, Jungkook. I did this to protect you. I would never willingly hurt you."

"I don't want to hear your excuses, Haeyoung," he mumbled, keeping his eyes away from mine. "I poured my heart out to you, showed you all my scars and flaws, and told you that only you could fix me. And yet, you just broke me more."

I fell silent at that, knowing he was right. In my failed attempt to protect him from Hoseok, I had also forgotten how much he really needed me. And, how I needed him. But, as much as I wanted to run into his arms and apologize for ever hurting him, I couldn't do that. Hoseok was too dangerous.

"I know what you're thinking," he spoke suddenly. "And I don't care about him. I have nothing to live for without you, and everything to die for when we're together. I haven't been myself since we broke up, the voices are starting to scare me. I'm...I'm worried I might actually hurt you."

For the first time since I met him, Jungkook actually looked terrified. Even though he was avoiding my eyes, I could sense he was holding back tears. "I don't want to hurt you, Haeyoung. But, I'm scared I might, and then I'll really lose you forever. Please, please come back to me. I'm begging you."

He dropped onto his hands and knees, and I felt my heart shatter as he grabbed my hand and met my eyes. "I'm...I'm scared to be alone again."

And that was it.

I kneeled and wrapped my arms around him, and I felt him instantly relax as he held me tightly. I could feel his tears against my neck as I rubbed his back and kissed his neck. "I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I'm sorry."

I knew we looked ridiculous, kneeling on the ground sobbing on the sidewalk but I don't think either of us cared. Putting him at risk was something I never wanted to do, but being the reason for his pain was something I just couldn't endure.

Eventually, we both collected ourselves and intertwined our hands as we walked down the street. I was trying to ignore it, but my gut was telling me Jungkook still wasn't...himself.

When I would glance over at him, he would be glaring daggers at people who happened to look my way and I would feel a gentle tug of him pulling me closer to him.

"Hey," I spoke up after getting tired of the silence between us. He looked over at me, his eyes softening drastically. "I really am sorry. I never should have done that to you, and I swear I'll never do it again."

He just stared at me for a moment, before looking away and not acknowledging my apology. I pursed my lips, knowing I should just let it go.

"I know you won't," he mumbled, and I looked over at him and cringed away from the darkness behind his eyes. "Because you're never leaving me again."