1

Of all the terrible things that could happen in your senior year of high school, this was the worst.

Well, good for your mom, bad for you.

Your mom got a new job far away from your previous house, so moving was necessary for her to be closer to work. You begged her to let you stay at your current high school, or at least wait until you graduate before moving, but nope, your mom had different plans.

You were happy for her though, at this new business company of hers, she's a manager and is payed $200/h.

And your stupid minimum wage job only pays you $14/h.

You don't even have that job anymore since you moved.

Your biggest concern wasn't even money, it was how the hell you'd get through your final year of high school joining late and knowing no one.

You packed your bags, making sure you knew the bus route to school. Your mom left much earlier in the morning so basically you would never be able to get a ride in the morning.

You hate public transit. Weird looking people who stared at you would always freak you out. Plus you'd have to hold on to the rail for dear life every time the bud took a damn turn.

Besides a new high school, you also left your old dream university behind and are looking for a new one, closer to your house.

You weren't worried for university. As long as they had your program, any one would be fine. Though you were so looking forward to that one university near your old home.

At least looking into new universities would take your mind from being all alone for half of the day.

You knew the first week of high school would be the worst. It's like you're a freshman again, just trying to fit in and make friends.

The only problem of transferring in senior year? Everyone already has their friends. Everyone has their cliques and they surely wouldn't want you to budge your way through.

You weren't the most outgoing, but you weren't a silent introvert. You were more in the middle. How you act depends on the people you are around.

Best friends? You wouldn't shut up.

Total strangers? Dead silent.

That's just how it was.

You heard your phone begin to ring, picking it up and putting it on speaker phone, being too lazy to press it against your ear. No one was home anyways, so it didn't matter.

"(Y/N)! FIRST DAY YOU EXCITED?" The girl screamed through your phone as you knew it was the one and only Petra.

"No." You said back before rubbing your eyes.

"School starts in an hour and I'm still at home, contemplating wether or not I should even get out of my pyjamas." You said honestly as Petra clicked her tongue.

"You're going, and you're going to make many friends. Trust me, why else would I be your friend?!" She asked as you lowered the volume on your phone. She was way too loud.

"Make sure to spot any hot guys. Maybe hook me up with one of them? Oh but you look for yourself too!" She said as you squinted. She could tell you were judging her based on the silence.

"You can't graduate high school as a virgin, you know that! You only have one school year left to pop that cherry." Petra said, you rolling your eyes.

In the 9th grade, you and Petra both made a bet that if the both of you graduated as virgins, you would live on being a loser.

Sounded stupid, yeah, but you didn't want to be a loser.

Especially since you went to an all girls school from grades 9-11, you really had no guys to talk to in the first place.

You played around with some girls at your previous school, dating some girls here and there, but you never had sex with any of them.

Being from men for so long, you didn't even know if you liked them anymore.

Petra did though, and she always has been since like... kindergarten. She's a little boy obsessed.

"I won't graduate high school as a virgin, shut up." You said as you decided to finally take off your pyjamas.

"Shit I'm gonna be late. Can you believe they decided to take down the bus stop right next to my house? So now I have to walk a long ass time to get to the stop. Fuck, I've gotta go." Petra said quickly, clearly putting on her shoes mid call.

"Bye," you giggled, knowing Petra was always terrible at telling time.

"Call you at lunch! Bye!" She screamed, you hearing her front door slam in the background before she ended the call.

You grabbed onto your new schools uniform, putting it on. The fabric was thin and the colours were very plain. White polo tshirt and black button up pants. Unlike your uniform at your old school, they didn't have plaid skirts. So during the end of the school year, when it gets hot outside, you'd unfortunately burn up in your new long pants.

Just one example of a downside to going to a coed high school.

After putting on the uniform, you went to the bathroom to do your makeup, making sure your hair wasn't a mess, and added the final touch, a spray of your favourite perfume.

You got your keys, putting them in your pants tiny side pockets before putting your backpack straps over your shoulders.

You looked at the time before realizing it was about time you head out as well. You knew you'd stand out being the new kid in senior year, but you didn't want to show up late and add to the embarrassment you'd be feeling.

You grabbed onto a granola bar before walking out of your front door, locking the door behind you.

Unlike Petra who no longer had her bus stop right next to her house, you had one right at the end of your street. You already learned about the bus route and where it stops, so you'd have no problem getting there.