29

"Run me through the members of your family Reiner." You said as the boy stood up straight and walked towards you.

"Alright let's go to the big family picture." He suggested as he began walking down the hall.

You followed after him into an office room.

A huge framed picture on the wall was the centrepiece of the room and stood out more than anything.

"This is my mom and dad." Reiner pointed towards his parents in the centre.

"The man and woman on the left of them is Falco's mother and father." He said before pointing towards the two kids in front of them.

"That's Falco's older brother Colt, and that's Falco." He continued as you noticed how small Falco was in the photo. He must've been around 7.

"How old was Falco when his parents died?" You asked as Reiner pointed to the photo.

"That same year. He was 7." He concluded as you thought that was around how old he was.

"His older brother was 19 at the time, but then died at 20, when Falco was 8." He said before turning to the other side of the photo.

"To the right of my parents, there's Gabi's mother and father. Her mom is my moms sister. So Gabi and I are cousins." He said as you looked at the photo. Without explanation, this photo would be nothing more than a photo. But as you currently looked at it, it was much more than that. There was a story. This picture has memories.

"Yeah that's about it." He said as you shook your head.

"Don't leave out the last person." You said as you pointed towards a little version of himself.

"You were a cute kid." You said with a smile as Reiner looked embarrassed.

"Everyone told me I was chubby. I hated myself then." He said honestly as you pretended to squeeze the painting version of reiners cheeks.

"Who cares about what everyone else says?" You questioned before looking back at Reiner.

If anything, he had a glow up anyways.

"How old were you there?" You asked as he looked at his former self.

"10," he replied as you smiled.

"Cute." You replied as Reiner turned away, clearly wanting to leave the room and picture behind. You didn't mind, you followed after him.

"We have a pool table downstairs. Do you know how to play?" He questioned as you sort of nodded, sort of shook your head. You knew you had to use the stick to hit the ball into the hole, but that's about it.

"I'll teach you, it's fine." He said as he walked downstairs, looking back to make sure you were following him.

"Oh wow it's huge." You said, staring at the pool table, which was much larger than how big you envisioned a pool table to be.

"Yeah. We got a larger one. Usually they're thinner." Reiner said before taking two sticks off of a rack on the wall, handing one to you.

"You know how to play football, pool and cup pong. What else can't you do?" You joked as Reiner poked you with a stick.

"Flattering." He said in a mocking tone as you grabbed onto the stick he poked you with.

"How do I hold this?" You asked as he demonstrated with his own.

"Like this?" You asked as he moved your index finger apart from your other fingers, pushing your hand further apart.

"Like that." He replied, you keeping your hand position in the exact place he instructed.