35

Usually, Reiners group ate outside and the cheer team ate inside the cafeteria. You'd always alternate where you sat so everyone was happy, and you didn't have to stick with just one group. Everyone was fine with that.

But today was a rain day, so everyone was crowded into the cafeteria.

Which meant even more eyes were on you. It didn't feel good, and as much as your friends comforted you, you still felt like shit.

"Psycho." A girl commented as she passed by you and the cheer group.

The girls could tell you were frustrated. "(Y/n), ignore it." Historia said as you looked at all of the girls.

"Have you all watched the video?" You asked as they all looked at each other, deciding if they should tell you that they all did, and that it has more views than kids at this school.

"We did. But we know what really happened." Annie said as you sighed.

"Everyone thinks I'm insane. A threat and a crazy person with anger issues." You said as Historia pat your back.

"But you're not. You know you're not." She said as a guy passed you, pretending to trip and having his iced tea spill all over your hair. People turned to you and him as you gasped in shock.

"Whoops." He said as you turned around to see the boy. You had absolutely no idea who he even was. But he did that on purpose.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You stood up as the boy smiled.

"Cmon, let's see you fight without a baseball bat." He said clearly cocky, everyone being dead quiet and watching the scene. Reiner got out of his seat before walking up to the boy, towering over him in height.

"How about you get the hell out of here?" Reiner said as the boy looked up at Reiner.

"I was actually happy for you seeing you kiss her on the field. But after seeing that video? You're dating a fre-

Reiner pushed the boy back as Historia quickly handed you napkins to use to dry your hair which was dripping with his drink.

The boy looked at Reiner before looking at everyone around him.

"Top jock of our school, defending a future murderer." The boy joked as he left to leave. Reiner didn't chase after him.

He turned to you instead, as your face was coated red in embarrassment. But you couldn't allow this to continue.

You stood up on the table, everyone still looking at you.

"YOU PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING. NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW ABUSE JEAN, THAT BOY WAS. HE CHEATED ON ME, GASLIGHTED ME AND THEN THREATENED TO KILL BOTH REINER AND I. NOT TO MENTION HE ASSAULTED ME IN THERE? BUT YOU GUYS DINT GET THAT PERSPECTIVE. STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON THE ONE SIDE OF THE STORY YOU SEE!" you said full of anger as Ymir stood up on the table as well.

"ITS TRUE. I WAS THERE WITH HER IN THAT LOCKER ROOM. THAT GUY THREATENED TO RUIN THE GAME AND HURT REINER. (Y/N) WAS ONLY TRYING TO STOP HIM." Ymir defended you as Annie lifted her hand from her seat, not standing up on the desk because she didn't like standing out.

"He even slapped her. Hell, if she didn't beat him up, I would've." She defended you as Reiner held his hand out so he could help you off the table.

"STOP ACTING LIKE YOURE ALL INNOCENT ANGELS. PEOPLE DO THINGS THEY REGRET." You said out loud before getting the help from Reiner to get off of the table. The cafeteria was dead silent.

Two teachers rushed into the cafeteria before looking around for what the ruckus was about, but both you and Reiner were already out of the doors, not wanting to be in there for any longer.

"That was really brave, (y/n)," Reiner said as you nodded.

"If I get expelled, I hope you come to see me after school every day so I don't feel like we go to different schools." You tried to smile.

"You won't get expelled. You have people to back you up." Reiner said as he hugged you. His body hugging yours always made you feel protected and safe.

The bad looks died down throughout that week, people becoming more and more aware of the damage they were causing.

Bullying was an understatement. A guy literally poured a drink on your head.

But since you told everyone what really happened, you made people question what they were doing. Making assumptions about something they had no idea about.

No one told the teachers. By the end of the month, the video had 5 thousand views. It wasn't unheard of, but it's not like it was spread throughout the country. Only people from your school, and people from Jeans school really knew about it.

You worried less about that and more about finals. You got accepted into a bunch of universities around the area you applied for, but you never talked to Reiner about it. You knew he got a scholarship for football, but you had no idea where, or when. If he'd take a gap year, or if he'd go straight for it. You never talked to him about it.

Reiner had his next football game on Wednesday, and you had already planned on going. You didn't want him to play a single game where you could be there as a cheerleader to cheer for him.

The best thing about his games and your cheer team is that the boys on the football team and the girls on the cheer team were the only people to not EVER turn their backs on you after seeing that video.

They were a group of people you trusted, and no matter how terrible you felt in the halls or in class or in the cafeteria, being on the field felt good.

All season, they only ever had home games. Attack On Titan High had a professional football field so most teams came to play here.

So far throughout the season the boys have played three games, and won all three. They have three more before the playoffs. You had no doubt they'd make it to playoffs.

You enjoyed every announcements the morning after the games, because they'd always say how well the boys did and say who made big plays, and of course, whenever they said something about something good Reiner did, you smiled.

Many people seemed mad you were so happy, but you told yourself before even entering senior year that you wouldn't allow other people to ruin your year.

While that was true, every once in a while, it got to you. You'd lay in your bed at night and silently cry before falling asleep.

You wanted all of it to just be over.