8

"Hey Bertholdt." You whispered as the boy looked at you.

"Yeah?" He wondered as you made sure Mr Ackerman couldn't see the two of you talking.

"You know Reiner?" You asked as Bertholdt nodded.

"Yeah. My best friend. You know him?" He asked as you pulled your phone out of your pocket, placing it on his desk.

"Yeah. He's the reason my phone is shattered." You said as Bertholdt touched the cracked phone screen.

"You made him pay you for this?" He asked as you shook your head.

"No I don't want a new phone. I just wanted to know a little more about him, that's all." You said as you grabbed the phone back, putting it in your pocket.

"Why don't you come with us to the field for lunch?" Bertholdt suggested as you violently shook your head.

"No thanks." You replied, quite loud.

Mr Ackerman turned to you and Bertholdt with his still, neutral look. He knew you were talking.

You instantly shut up and pretended like you were focused on the work.

~

You sat with Sasha and Connie that day. It was much more fun hanging out with them. They created stupid new topics to argue about as you laughed at their determination to prove the other wrong.

You saw Historia side eye you, but ignored her and continued on with your day. And here you were, at home, placing the babies crate on the couch.

You'd have to deal with this thing all night.

Your mom was home earlier than usual this evening, so you decided to actually talk to her this time.

You found a lot about her new job. She works as a manager of a shoe company. Not only that, but her yearly income just about tripled. She'd make 200k every year now.

You always blamed your mother for not being there for you. But now you realized why. And you were supportive of what she did for you. She works her ass off every day for you.

You talked to her about the people you've met at school. You didn't mention Historia or the drama you'd already wrapped yourself up in. But she did seem to like Sasha, who your mom would like to bake for in the future.

You also showed your mother the fake baby you'd be taking care of for the next week. She just said she hoped it wouldn't wake you up in the middle of the night and interrupt your schedule. You hoped not either.

You ate dinner with her before going up towards your room, with the baby.

You sat on your bed with your computer in your lap, as you felt your phone vibrate next to you.

You looked at the notification, noticing it was from instagram.

You didn't normally have instagram notifications on, only the notification for when someone requested to follow you.

You didnt recognize the account as curiosity caused you to pause the video you were watching on your laptop and focus on who in the world was requesting following you.

You clicked on the profile to see a boy in a football uniform. You couldn't see their face, but you could tell the uniform belonged to your new schools football team.

You didn't want to jump to conclusions, but you were positive this was Reiner. How did he get your instagram in the first place? Should you accept his request and follow back?

No. You should let him stay requested and pretend like you never knew he requested in the first place.

Yeah, perfect.

You tried not to think too much of it. You didn't want to overthink something so small. You had no idea why you were so nervous at the thought of Reiner in the first place. You had no idea who he even was.

~

That night wasn't very peaceful. You couldn't sleep because you were anxious about Reiner suddenly requesting to follow you on instagram. On top of that, there was the stupid baby crying, who wouldn't shut up unless you did a certain thing it wanted. You desperately shook the baby, fed the baby, burped the baby, changed the babies diaper, until finally, it stopped.

And just as you were comfortable in bed, your alarm goes off.

Light was shining through your blinds but you didn't want to get up. You were way too tired.

Your mom was already out, and as you slowly walked down the stairs, you saw a note on the counter in the kitchen.

'Good luck at school honey. Love you.' It wrote as you held onto the paper.

It's been a long time since your mom had told you she loved you.

You didn't like receiving affection first hand. It always made you uncomfortable. You guessed you took that after your mother because she was the same. But reading a note like this didn't make you feel uncomfortable. It made you feel grateful.

That pushed you to get up, and get to school.

Though no matter how much foundation you put under your eyes, they still looked tired and puffy.

Hopefully people wouldn't stare you down and be able to tell you haven't gotten sleep.

The week was almost over, the first week out of many, many weeks to come at your new school.

So much had happened, but more was to come. You still had from December to June. 6months.

Getting on the bus, you hoped the baby wouldn't start crying. The last thing you wanted was a bunch of people on the bus looking at you struggle with a baby that wasn't even real.

As if you holding a fake baby in the first place wasn't embarrassing enough.

~

"Wow, you look like shit." Sasha commented as you looked at her before smacking your head down on your desk in attempts of sleeping.

"Remind me to never have children." You groaned as Sasha put a hand on your shoulder.

"It'll be fine. Did you get your biology homework done?" She asked as you sat up with wide eyes, seemingly awake.

"We had bio homework?" You questioned, remembering you left the class early to take care of the baby, probably missing when professor Hanji assigned the homework.

"Here, hurry and copy me before the bell rings." Sasha said as she opened her book, giving you her notes as you took a paper out of your bag along with a pencil.

You copied her work, writing the right answers but changing up the wording a little but so it didn't look like you were copying.

"Thanks Sasha. You're a life savour." You smiled as you finished copying down all of the answers, just in time before the bell rung.