A friend?

Getting off the Hogwarts express Harley cast a glance at the boy walking dejectedly behind her. Sure some people miss home, but is Hogwarts so bad that someone puts on a face that long when going back?
Harley did not understand.

"You not coming? "
She asked as she got on one of the carriages pulled by threstels. Gideon's face immediately brightened. Bipolar perhaps? Harley thought Then again who am I to judge? She was a depressed little pumpkin.

Again they sat together in silence. The silence stretched on even as they sat together at the slytherin table. It was becoming a bit awkward for even Harley.

It seemed to her that she had gotten a bit asocial. Where is your people skills Harley? Your fabulous word power? Where hast thou forsaken thine own self? Harley mentally facepalmed (because as asocial as she's become, she's still too elegant to actually facepalm ) .Things surely is going west when her inner Shakespeare awakens.

Harley slowly turned to the boy beside her who was having trouble cutting steak and was looking very... amusing. She had a goblet of apple juice in her hand, because why pumpkin? Why should every single person drink pumpkin juice? It's horrible.

She watched Gideon struggle for a moment. It was good that no one really paid attention to him otherwise he'd have lost any face he had. Then she paused, people may not pay attention to him, but they did pay attention to her.

Sure enough Pansy Parkinson was snickering at her choice of companion. Millicent was shaking her head besides her. Harley didn't break eye contact for another while just to prove a point. Then she turned her look to Gideon with a sigh.

"Need a hand? "
Without waiting for his reply, she drew his plate towards her ,cut the steak and pushed it back. All while he stared.

"Th-thanks "
The boy was blushing. Harley mentally rolled her eyes.

*********

Gideon

I can't believe it. Harley Black who was initially ignoring me, suddenly helped me . In my defense, my mom's vegetarian and we -my dad and I - rarely eat meat . Because we'd only eat it when mom's not with us. So obviously I'm not experienced.

But it was quite embarrassing. I mean I'm not a kid.

[Author : Darling, you are literally 12]

I couldn't help blushing. Harley had the same poker face though. As I walked behind her after dinner, I couldn't help but wonder if I were just tagging along. But when I slowed down and hung behind, she turned around and raised an eyebrow.

That was more than enough for me as I rushed forth to catch up with her.

Once we got in the common room Harley took her normal seat near one of the four fireplaces in there.

"Do you read, Moon? "
"What do you mean? Of course I'm not illiterate! "
At this she, snorts. Not something a perfect princess does, but she managed.

"Well, I can see that you're as close to one as possible"
"What? "
"Read something. Maybe you'll be able to make up for the lost brain cells "

She then pulled out a book and hands it to me. It was Agatha Christie's.

"You read muggle books? "
"Wow, I'm impressed. You know authors? "

"Like I said I'm not an illiterate "
"what ever. You have any problem with muggles? "

"No, no not at all. I have read Shakespeare. Besides sometimes I think muggles are better. "

That might not have been the most appropriate thing to say in the slytherin common room. Many heads turn our way. Harley doesn't acknowledge that. She just rise an eyebrow at me.

"Shakespeare was not a muggle "
She says before I make anymore blunders.
"But yeah, sometimes muggles are better. Like when they invented surfing and motorbikes and TV."

People turn away from us at that. I sigh in relief. Because I got out of a tough one, but also because Harley doesn't hate muggles.

At this point I have to clarify something. I don't have a crush on Harley. I'm still questioning my sexuality , my identity and my existence in general. So far, I don't seem like a straight.

Which is another reason why muggles are better. They are more accepting than wizards, most of whom can't even tolerate muggle borns. So how will they accept people like me?