Kalyug

Sakshi and her friends have just finished with their purchases and selections of gowns and jewellery when suddenly Sakshi gets a random call from an unknown number.

She looked at her friends.

"Arjun?" Archana suspiciously asks. Sakshi rolls her eyes, "No yaar!"

She picks up the call.

"Hello?"

"Ma..ma!" A shrill cry and Sakshi's eyes go wide. Arushi.

"Hello! Arushi?" Sakshi jerked as she couldn't figure out who called her. And why her daughter is crying on this random number?

"Mama..."

"Arushi baby ap kaha ho?" Sakshi gushed out and looked at Preeti and Archana. Both looked alert and disturbed.

Suddenly a raspy male voice spoke, "Hello, ms. Sakshi, ap please apne dosto se thora door jake baat kijiye, apke or apke beti ke liye behtar hoga?"

Sakshi looked at the number and then at her friends. How is this man having his daughter with him? She thought but couldn't ask. Archana kept nudging her to know the matter. But she shook her head. Sensing trouble she looked here and there to know who was watching her. How the hell does this person know where she is or with whom she is at this moment?

"Oye kya hua?" Preeti asks, clearly worried.

"School se phone!" She mumbles to them mindlessly. Archana and Preeti nod as she excuses herself to walk a few steps away from them to speak.

"Kaun bol raha hai? Or meri beti apke paas kaise? She was in school na??" She whimpers.

The man chuckled.

"Ha school me to thi apki beti, par ab who humare kabze me hai!"

Sakshi looked horridly at her friends. They are busy with the billing. She wasn't sure if she would want to call them over when suddenly the man continued.

"Apne dosto ko is beech mat lana ms. Sakshi!" he warns. Sakshi froze. She knew someone was keeping an eye on her.

He continues, "apki beti ko safe dekhna he to abhi chup chap apke showroom ke bahar ek black sedan car ayegi uspe baith jao...apne dosto ko bina kuch bhi batai! And let me tell you this very clearly!"

Sakshi waited anxiously, "we are watching you! So no silly games, ms. Sakshi!"

And he ends the call. Sakshi is completely frozen in her tracks. What the hell is she going to do, she has no idea. Why has this person kidnapped her daughter? What does he want from her? Her brain is wheezing with all the questions when suddenly Archana taps her shoulder ripping her from her mind-boggling thoughts.

"Sakshi?"

Sakshi jumps. She was sweating profusely.

"Kya hua? You look so pale?"

Sakshi cleared her throat, "Woh school se...call aya...Arushi ki tabiyat kharab he!"

"Oh!" Archana exclaimed, "To chalte hai fir!"

"Nehi!" Sakshi blurts urgently, "Mera matlab...tum log ghar jao! Main jake leke ati hu...usko!"

Archana raises her eyebrows, "Are you sure?"

Sakshi nods before running off without saying another word.

**

Arjun is driving his car at a speed he never imagined he would, but he is dying to reach the showroom as soon as possible.

Arjun kept calling Sakshi on her phone but her phone was switched off. He tried hard to hone his mind to reach her through the aura of her soul, but he couldn't find her aura even after projecting his third eye several times.