Dilemmas

A/N: another small chappy...

Sakshi's head rested on Arjun's chest as he walked carrying her to their quarters. She was

n't crying but the drops of tears still lingered on her cheeks. Preeti didn't have anything to say to Arjun; so he heedlessly left with Sakshi to speak to her.

But as he walked, a strange silence hovered; both didn't have a word to utter. Sakshi was lost in her sorrow but she was careful not to think of anything. She didn't want the conversation with her mother to be conveyed through her thoughts to Arjun. Her mother's stubborn and wrathful words. Nothing. Her words though still stabbing her chest. Her spoken words and warnings still beat the walls of her mind. Arjun glances at her briefly as he opens the chamber door. He walked inside the room and placed her on the bed. She looked sad as he sat on the ground close to her feet.

"Arjun!" She begins. Arjun shakes his head.

"Sakshi!" He sighs, "Yaad hai tumhe...jab tumhe un daanavo ne kidnap karliya tha or tum raat ko mere paas ro rahi thi...tumhe maine kya kaha tha?"

Sakshi studies his eyes as he continues, "Main tumhara man par sakta hu...sirf tum jo soch rahi ho wohi nehi...tumhare.." he places his warm palm on her chest, "tumhare dil me jo hai, who saari unkahi baate...woh saari ichaiye main sun sakta hu...anubhav kar sakta hoon..."

He takes her hands in his as he gradually raises himself on his knees to come closer to her, "tum apni ma se milna chahti ho?" he sweetly asks.

Sakshi looks down, his soft words make her shred even more and the drops of tears fall on his palms. Arjun smiled as he leaned and kissed her cheeks; his lips tasted the salty tears that trickled down on her cheek.

"Bolo na, baby...tum milna chahti ho?"

Sakshi nodded but vaguely before sniffing, "Par main..yeh sab training chorke kaise jau? Or woh to chahti he ki...main...humesha ke liye..." her words faltered as her mother's words rang in her mind.

Arjun shifts and sits next to her on the bed; pulling her into his embrace.

"Sakshi, hume ek saath yadi tumhari ma dekh leti hai...I am sure..woh samjhengi mujhe!"

Sakshi searches for his face and looks into his eyes, "Tum bhi chaloge mere saath?"

Arjun smiles, "yeh bhi koi puchne wali baat hai..Main tumhe ekant nehi chorne wala...jaunga to tumhare saath!"

"Or yeh sab? Training or yeh army?"

Arjun looks stern, "Sakshi, main jitna apne dharam se jura hu utna hi tumse bhi.... Main yaha rehke kya hi kar lunga yadi tum khush nehi rahi...main bhi chal raha hu tumhare saath!"

Sakshi shakes her head, "it is not safe...tumhe bhi pata hai sab India mein tumhare bare mein kya kya baate kar rahe hai...I can't risk exposing you!"

Arjun looks at her with an annoyance, "to? Agar mere bare me kisi ko kuch jaan na hai to jaan lene do...kabhi na kabhi to logo ko pata hoga hi!"

Sakshi gets off the bed; looking at him, "Are you mad?"

Arjun rolls his eyes, "Main kuch nehi sun raha Sakshi. I am going with you!"

Sakshi was angry now, it was hard to make him understand, "Main akele ja rahi hu Arjun. That's it!"

Arjun looks at her, concerned, "Sakshi!"
"No, I have made my decision...main akele ja rahi hu...tumhari koi manmani nehi chalegi!"

Arjun huffs, "Or jaogi kaise? Who bhi Arushi ko leke, akele?"

Sakshi groans, "I don't know...but it's pointless to take you with me, you are all over the news!"