Stood Up {3}

Malea's POV

"This is so surreal." Ales blew out a breath and collapsed on the couch.

She just finished talking to Lucian and freaked out afterwards. "I'm going to bed, Ales." I rubbed my eyes and left her to her own thoughts.

I have thoughts of my own.

..........(Saturday) Lucian

I straightened my tie and shrugged on my suit jacket. Glancing at the Salvatore Ferragamo watch on my wrist, I already knew I was late.

"Mr. King. Miss Alesandra Rodriguez has been waiting outside in the limousine for 30 minutes now. She asked me to ask whether she should just go home." My maid scurried in and curtsied low.

With a flick of my wrist I pushed past her. "She should be waiting on me. Not vice versa, so she could wait a while more." I grabbed my wallet and placed it in my jacket pocket.

Um...what else? I know I'm missing something....

Oh my phone!

Quickly, I hurried to my room and shuffled through my dresser in order to locate my personal iPhone. All the others were for work.

Picking it up as I left my penthouse building with strict orders, I glanced at the messages.

Alesandra: Hey Lucian. I just got here. (6:04 pm)

Alesandra: Um..Are you coming out? Or... (6:10 pm)

Alesandra: Seriously, Lucian. I hate to rush you, but I called off work for this. (6:15 pm)

Alesandra: How much longer will i have to wait here? Please answer. (6:20 pm)

Alesandra: Come on! (6:25 pm)

Alessandra: Honestly this is the last time Malea's going to set me up on some "blind" date.
(6:30 pm)

Alesandra: Ok. Let me just tell you this as it is. I'm sorry for wasting your time, but if you knew you wanted to do this, you wouldn't have stood me up. it's not very hard to get dressed but in your case it may be. I already asked your driver to just take me home. I've already got to my apartment so basically this whole night was a flop and a waste of MY time. (6:46 pm)

Crap.

...................... Lucian

I hadn't expected to have to drive myself to Alesandra's apartment building, but yet again I had expected it.

Pulling the car to a stop in the parking lot, I got out and started off to her unit.

Hesitantly, I pressed the bell and stood back.

One person I hadn't expected to see, came out the door. She had on an oversized sweatshirt that came to her thighs and baggy sweatpants. Her hair was in a mess and she looked as if she just woke up.

"Hey. What do you want?" She asked.

"Hi, Malea. I need to see Alesandra right now." I glanced at my watch. "Our reservation won't hold forever."