New Friends {5}

..............(Alesandra's POV)

The food was amazing: hot and steamy Piperade, a tall flute of champagne dating back to 1970, and a fine dessert of creamy chocolate mousse. Lucian had informed me that the menu was inspired by popular French dishes.

The whole time, people were bidding on items. One man spent 24 grand on a real pearl necklace for his wife. All the money was going towards a charity, which was fine with me.

"I'd like it if you spent the night at my place." Lucian whispered during the auction of an ancient jukebox.

I turned to him abruptly, heat immediately creeping up my neck and to my cheeks. "Malea will be worried if I'm not at the apartment."

Lucian practically rolled his eyes at my statement. He grasped my hands under the table. "We'll just call her then to tell her."

I gulped. Spend the night? "Okay."

I glanced over at Winter who was draped over Uriah's arm, her strapless dress hitching lower around her bust. She leaned in to whisper something seductive into his ear, then he laughed heartily and planted a kiss by her ear.

She looked so sure of herself, so confident, so beautiful and desirable. Uriah respected her. Lucian doesn't respect me. If I act with her confidence is there a chance he would begin to love me for me and respect me?

My stomach quaked as I leaned closer to Lucian, to the point where I could breathe faintly and still smell his musty, mind-numbingly amazing cologne. Then I leaned my head on his chest, our bodies as close as publicly appropriate.

I could hear the steady rhythmic beat of his heart. Surprisingly, he planted a kiss onto the crown of head and sighed deeply.

This was more like it. If I could channel Winter's confidence and controlling seductiveness then, maybe, just maybe, Lucian and I could really be together: happy.

(2 hours later) Alesandra's POV

The driver pulled away from the front of the mansion and headed towards the 7 car garage.

"Bet I could get to the door before you." I grinned, before he could protest, I peeled off my heels and hoisted up the skirt of the dress and darted down the driveway to the door.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I heard his call as I raced towards the door.

I reached the huge double doors, panting and heaving in breaths of air. Soon enough, Lucian reached the doors and collided into me in a hug.

Instantly, he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was soft and delicate at first, but became more intense, each kiss laced with passion, longing and then some. His hands trailed down the sides of my hips and then he wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me towards him. He pressed me against the Adobe walls and continued the kiss.

His lips trailed to my neck and up to my jawline and fluttered up to my ear. His hot breath fanned over my ears as he spoke. "Tu es à moi." He nipped at my ear and my breath hitched.

I took enough French in High School to know what he said: You're mine.

Malea's POV
This was my last day on the job. I sprayed the table down and followed the line of Clorox with a damp rag.