Discreet Is My Middle Name {23}

Malea's POV

I pressed print and waited for the document to print but nothing came out. "Hey, Elaine? Why isnt this working?" I asked, hitting the printer a couple times. When she didn't answer, I turned around to face her. She sat at her desk, the pearl colored phone pressed to her ear. She twirled the cord around her finger.

"Yes she's here." She glanced towards me. "Okay. She'll  be right up." Then she hung up. "Lucian needs  to talk to you."  

"What? Now?" I sputtered. I was trying to avoid him and I actually thought I was doing a great job at it. Elaine nodded. "But what about the printer?" I asked wanting nothing but to stay away.

"Ill take care of it." Elaine said.

"Ugh. Damn you, Elaine." I joked.

She giggled. "Good luck."

I sighed and began my way up to his office. Once I arrived outside his door, I took a deep breath and walked in.

"You called me up here?" I asked firmly. I held my hands in front of me and stared unwavering into Lucian's eyes. Just doing that began to make me feel hot. I swallowed.

Lucian rubbed his eyes and dropped the pen in his hand. "You're my personal assistant aren't you?"

I almost rolled my eyes but instead nodded. "Of course."

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" He asked simply, a small strain on his words and his hand getting ready to run through his hair. Lucian looked tired. His eyes had bags underneath and his normal gray eyes looked drained off all emotion, and even the dark flecks in them seemed to fade.

"I haven't been avoiding you."

Lucian looked at me as though he had some thing he needed to get off his chest. "The kiss–"

"Please no, Lucian. Please don't talk about it–" I interrupted.

"We have to talk about it!" Lucian cut me off. I hadn't even realized that he'd stood up and was now in front of me. He looked angry and as he looked at me his facial features began to soften. I turned my face away. Lucian cupped my face in his hands softly and turned it back to him so we were staring into each other's eyes again.

My stomach was in a frenzy and my knees turned to rubber. "I think you should remove your hand, Lucian." I said shakily even though every bone in my body was protesting against it.

"I'll take my hand off when I feel like it." His voice was like a clap of thunder. Demanding and strong. "Malea, mon amour, I want you. No one else and I know you feel that way about me."

I squeezed my eyes shut to block out the emotion filled face of Lucian's. I shut my eyes to block the aching feel of the longing I felt whenever I looked at him. "Lucian you know that cannot happen." I still said regardless, a playback of Ales's threatening words reverberated through my head. What was Ales capable of? I'm not sure anymore.

Realization dawned on him. "Does she know?"

I swallowed down the feeling of guilt. It would be better if Lucian doesn't know. "She doesn't know."

Lucian sighed in relief. "I feel like we should tell her."

I stepped back suddenly and backed up against a chair. "Why?"

"Ales and I are bound only by a contract. There is no rule about me seeing other women. I don't know how I would do it, but I could find a way to–"