Green {14}

Lucian's POV
I watched with clenched fists as Levi wrapped Malea into a kiss, their bodies closer than publicly appropriate. She looked so blissful and at peace as her hands trailed up to his neck. I could feel a faint throb of jealousy pulse through me as I watched Levi reach down and set his hands extremely close to Malea's ass. I cleared my throat, I could feel a headache blooming in my temples.

Malea jumped away from Levi and frowned. Her lips were red and swollen, and the fresh flush creeping up her neck made her realize just how unaware she'd been of their display of affection.

"Levi, I'd appreciate it if you'd choose a better time to have romantic affairs with your girlfriend. My office is not the place for your bathetic endeavors." I turned my eyes away from them and focused my attention on the Mac in front of me. I hadn't realized I'd snapped the pen in my hand until I felt the two shards sticking into my hands.

How had Malea become Levi's girlfriend already? Levi wasn't her type. Him and Malea a wrong fit. If Levi's not her type, then who is? I heard myself ask.

"Sorry, Lucian. I wasn't planning on doing that." Levi gave a half-hearted sorry before turning to Malea. "I'll pick you up in an hour for lunch, babe." He pulled Malea to him and kissed her once more before waving at me and leaving. I hadn't known Levi for very long, but I've known him long enough to know that he liked being in control. He was almost possessive.

As soon as Levi left, Malea began adjusting her top which had lowered down her chest. She blew out a puff of air before snaking behind her desk to continue her work. When I thought she wasn't looking, I snuck glances at her. I never knew that she would get a boyfriend already. Not that she wasn't attractive, I mean she was the definition of attractive. With her dark hair and full lips, green eyes and flushed cheeks, she was gorgeous. And with her immense amount of sarcasm, without a doubt, her personality was my favorite thing about her. However, I'd expected someone better than Levi. Everyone knew he was a player.

I peered up at her, unexpected fury exuding onto my tone. "What the hell was that?" I took of my suit jacket, not realizing how hot it was in here. My hair began to stick to the nape of my neck.

She looked up, startled. Her hair looked a little disheveled, and once she noticed me looking, she patted down the staticky ends. "I'm sorry. It was really unprofessional and I didn't know he would do that–here."

"That's bullshit." I mumbled. "What just happened here will not happen in my presence again."

Because I don't think I'd be able to take the fact that you would be kissing Levi.

"Because my company is not a place for personal affairs. If that's the type of place you think this is, then you're sadly mistaken."

"Sorry Sir. I already said I wasn't expecting Levi to do that." She repeated, the sir sounding like mockery on her lips.

Was it me or was this room getting hot? I felt a bead of sweat drop down my temple. I felt ten times more tired than I have ever been. I'd been up all night trying to finalize some documents and made sure my contract with the company over in Malaysia wasn't at risk. I probably had bags under my eyes and my hair was unkempt.

Without another word, I stood and began to loosen my tie. Once it was off, I threw it on the red chaise and closed the blinds, the sunlight causing my headache to sound like the even beatings of a drum. I almost stumbled back into the couch with dizziness but before that happened, I regained my stability.

Once the blinds were shut, I returned to my desk. Malea was staring straight at me, confusion clear on her face. "Is there a reason why the blinds are closed, Mr. King?" She asked while meticulously stacking documents on the left of her desk.