2 - Did you get your period again?

●●●

●●●

New York City is beautiful.

Absolutely mesmerizing.

The buildings are so astonishingly tall and eye-catching. As I drive past the city, I feel overwhelmed by the people walking and talking. Everything about this feels so alive. Like I'm in another dimension. Since, it's evening time, the roads are busy with cars, taxi cabs, and lots and lots of people. The playgrounds are full of children. Everyone around is happy. Content.

Hopefully, everything turns out just fine.

My dad and I reach our house at 5. His car pulls up in our driveway and I follow suit. Our house is just a typical house in this neighbourhood, a little secluded, I must say. But it's alright. Less the attention, less is the drama. But I know for a fact that this is the place where all the rich people live. So, naturally we live here too. Perks of having one of the best lawyers in the city as a father. The house is a 2-story one, with off-white and grey walls surrounded by bushes and pine trees. On the left, sits a garage where I spot our boxes lined up by the wall.

The sunlight illuminates the surroundings, bringing with it some kind of warmth that makes me feel like I belong here. Maybe the idea of moving was not so bad after all.

I park my car in the garage, beside my dad's. Whis has been peacefully sleeping for an hour now so I decide to keep the windows open and just step out of the car.

Dad walks up to me, his eyes falling on a sleeping Whis. "Tired from the ride, huh?"

"Yeah. He was bouncing in the car the whole time. Kept hitting his paws on the window for me to open it," I smile sweetly, looking at the little creature. Oh, how much I love him.

"Maybe it's better if I just pick him up while you open up the house?" he questions, jerking his head towards Whis' sleeping figure.

"That would be fine by me. But let me warn you, he gets cranky if you ruin his sleep," I tease him.

"Oh, I wonder where he got that from?" He raises his eyebrow, looking at me with accusation. "I think that's you."

"Please stop irritating me dad and go do what you're supposed to do. Here," I pull my tongue out at him, throwing my car keys in his direction, which he catches swiftly. "Give me the house keys, will ya?"

"They are in my pocket. Wait," He fishes out the keys from the front pocket of his jeans, and throws them at me. "I'll be inside in 5 minutes."

"Also, our stuff is in the garage. The movers didn't have the house keys so, they kept all the boxes and suitcases in the garage. We'll set it all out tomorrow."