32 -1 - Here comes the masterpiece

●●●

●●●

"Happiest birthday honey."

I give my dad one of my biggest smiles, wrapping my arms tight around him. He wraps me in a hug, squeezing me hard before letting me go. "Thank you dad."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIAA!" I hear Em's voice yelling from behind, before she jumps on me from behind, wrapping herself around me like she's having a piggy back ride. I laugh along with her, wiggling a little so she let's go. She jumps down, tacking me in a hug. "It's your birthday baby! You are finally an adult! And I've already said that like a thousand times since midnight."

"I am!" I chuckle at her enthusiasm, squeezing her as tight as possible. Tanner jumps out of nowhere, caging us both in his arms, making us laugh.

"It's my favorite person's birthday today!" He whoops, placing a kiss on my head affectionately. I hear Whiskey barking, which causes us to entangle ourselves from each other. he jumps up and down, grabbing the bottom of my jeans by his teeth, pulling me towards the living room. He is a little too eager to get me out of the house today.

"Patience boy. I'm coming." I chuckle, running towards the direction he's taking me, Tanner and Em following behind. I see my dad standing at the entrance of the house, arms crosses, tapping his foot on the floor, waiting patiently. "You asked him to call me dad?"

he lifts his head up, laughing as Whiskey runs to my dad, standing by his feet like the good boy he is. "I did. I have a surprise for you."

"Surprise?" I arch an eyebrow. He nods, then gestures us to follow him outside. Whis is the first one to run outside.

A soon as I step outside, my eyes fall on a masterpiece standing in the middle of the pathway. Brand new Harley Street 750, sleek black, waiting for me. It's the model I've been begging my dad to get me from the past few months. I really didn't think that dad would actually get me something but now that it's right in front of me, I cannot believe my eyes. It's like a dream come true. I launch myself at dad, smiling through the tears. "Thank you so much dad. Thank you so much for this. I love this so much."

He kisses the crown of my head, he chuckles. "You're welcome. And since you're 18 now, you can ride the deathtrap. But only after enough practice and tests." 

I squeal loudly. "I love you so much! You are the best."

"I know." He chuckles. 

"Did you guys see this?!" I turn my attention towards Em and Tanner who are looking at me with amusement.

Tanner snickers. "We helped dad in choosing the model and the color babygirl."

Em nods, a bright smile on her face. How did I get so lucky? I have such a caring family! I pull them in a hug, hoping that I don't need words to convey how much they mean to me.