34 - I'm not making any such promises

●●●

●●●

I love the song attached above! And I was listening to this song while I was writing this chapter so I decided to share it w you guys! <3

●●●

My dad doesn't know how to tie a tie. And he's thirty six.

What a shame.

I huff loudly, rolling my eyes at his attempts to put the knot in it's correct place. Walking towards him, I pry his hands away from the knot. His hands arm are a little shaky, he's nervous. I can literally smell the nervousness from here

"It's going to be alright dad." I tell him, redoing the knot. "It's just a date."

"I know. I'm just really nervous. I mean, I haven't been with anyone else since I met your mom." He whispers, a small smile grazing his lips, eyes are glistening at the corner. My mood dampens a little on thinking about mom but I just blink the tears away.

"It's fine dad. Mom would want this, okay? So you are going on the date with a beautiful woman or a man and have a good time." I pat his shoulder in a teasing manner, giving him a smile. Now that I think about it, I've never really asked who he's going on a date with.

He rolls his eyes at me. "It's a woman. I'm going out with a beautiful woman, not a man."

"It's alright dad. I won't judge you if you go out with a guy. It's the 21st century. Be a little open minded." I chuckle. "Also, who are you going out with?"

"Cherry, the lady who lives across the street." He answers, immune to my teasing.

"What?! Seriously?! And you're telling me now?" I gasp in surprise. When did this even happen? "How?"

"We bonded when she babysat Whis for us." He answers, walking towards his closet. He comes out a few seconds later, watch in his hand.

"I'm so happy for you dad! I like her a lot!" I exclaim.

He laughs at my enthusiasm, getting ready for his date. It doesn't take him long to get his thing done and leave the house. After he's gone, I run into my room and collapse on my bed, bored outta my mind. Em is with Kelsey, on a date and Tanner has gone to the supermarket to buy condoms. Apparently, he ran out of the two boxes at a rapid rate. His words, not mine!

My phone starts buzzing loudly, making me sit up straight in my bed. I see the caller id - Ridge.

A smile makes it's way on my face on seeing his name on the screen. I accept the call. "Hey handsome."

"Lydia, listen to me. Bruce has been hurt. Someone attacked him while he was out so we're all going to his house to see what's wrong. I'm on my way, so I'll pick you up. Be ready on five." He mutters all of it in one breath. The smile slips from my face when I realize what he has said.