9 - People happened

●●●

●●●

"What are you doing here?"

"Picking you up for school, obviously," Ridge tells me, opening the passenger side door for me, while sitting in the car.

In the morning, while I was getting ready for school, I got a text from him saying to meet him outside my house once I'm ready. To say that I was confused would be an understatement because we did not talk about this last night. And then I realised - the dare.

"I have my own car, you know. And I passed all the driving tests so I could've come to school on my own. You didn't have to pick me up." I roll my eyes at him, throwing my bag in the backseat, along with his.

"But then I wouldn't be the perfect boyfriend, right?" He grins at me cheekily, starting the car.

I roll my eyes at him yet again. Hope my eyes are still functional after a few months of spending time with him. "Shut up and drive."

"Yes ma'am." He salutes and starts driving. I switch on the music system, connecting my phone, without asking him before doing so. I go through my playlist before clicking on the song I've been listening on repeat for a while.

Waterbed by Hearts and Colors

The song starts crooning through the speakers. I turn up the volume and start singing along with the singer. Ridge turns to me astonishingly before asking, "You know about them?"

Surprised, I turn up the volume down before grinning. "Yep, my favourite. You like em too?"

"Definitely. This song is one of my favourites." He grins, singing along with me. Ridge is the only person I know who knows about them. And for some reason, it makes me very happy to know that we have similar tastes in music.

Looks like I found my soulmate!

And that's how we reach the school - singing all of our favourite songs at the top of our lungs.

●●●

Ridge and I walk inside the school together, ignoring the stares, comments and glares we are receiving from everyone around us. People really need to get a damn life. Like seriously, don't you have a test to study for? Or homework to do? I see a group of girls glaring at me, whispering something amongst themselves.

Shaking my head, I take hold of Ridge's wrist, urging him to move fast, pulling him with me. "Walk fast, or I'll kill someone right here."

"Woah, woah woah. Slowdown sweetheart, this is not a marathon. Besides, a pretty face like yours would not look good in a prison cell, so keep your killing urges to yourself," He mutters, weaving his fingers with mine, pulling me towards the staircase where all of our friends usually are.