35 - I'm such an idiot

●●●

●●●

Conan is in rehab.

That's the first news I get as soon as I enter the school premises. Apparently, everyone in the school knows that he did drugs and now that we had called 911, his parents were called back from their business trip from France, they were told about all of his shenanigans, and were asked to put him in a rehab to make sure he comes out clean. And becomes a human being.

The guys who were present in his house yesterday were arrested, one of them being the druglord who sold Conan the drugs every month in exchange of food and money.

News sure flies fast in high school. And now everyone's talking about how Ridge and I were the one to inform the officials about his drug problems. Some are happy to know that Conan's gone, for good but some are pretty furious because he was their friend, apparently.

But I think that the real reason might me that just like Conan, they do drugs and are scared that they will get kicked off the team and the school if someone finds out that they do drugs too.

I don't really understand why people even do drugs. Is it because it makes you forget reality, taking you to a place where everything feels like hearts and colors? Tanner's dad was a drug addict, and I had seen him in my early childhood, breaking things out of fury, hitting Tanner for standing up for himself, crashing everything in his way whenever he ran out of drugs or the money to buy them.

Tanner's mom died while giving birth to him so Tanner was left with his dad to fend for themselves. If it wasn't for my dad, then Tanner would've never been able to get out of that hellhole and live a stable, trauma free life.

"Lydia, are you alright?" Ridge's concerned voice breaks my chain of thoughts, making me look up at him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I nod.

"Are you sure? You've been really quiet ever since last night's events." He circles his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him. I put my head against his neck, sighing deeply.

"I'm just relieved that Conan won't be here for another 6 months." I whisper, keeping my voice as low as possible. We are in the library currently so we cannot talk loud.

"We don't have to see him after he's out of rehab too. His parents have decided to enroll him in a military school so he's gonna be away from all of us for a while." Ridge tells me, his hands caressing my skin, somehow calming down the inner conflicts with a simple gesture.

I lean into him. "That's good to know."

"Are you sure you're fine though?" He inquires again, making me roll my eyes at him. I pull away from him and give him a dry look.