25 - Get freaky! Who's stopping you?

●●●

●●●

One month.

It's been exactly a month since Ridge and I started this dating for a dare escapade. And I'm not gonna lie, it's been absolute bliss. It was fun. But, I wasn't supposed to catch feelings for him. I wasn't supposed to feel something like this. I wasn't supposed to take this way too seriously.

But here I am, already on the verge of smashing the third rule - Don't fall in love with me.

Slowly, but surely I'm surpassing the stage of this just being a crush. But I don't want to. It's gonna complicate things and our friendship. And I don't want that. And I don't even know what he feels about me. I'm clueless as fuck. And it's frustrating the hell outta me. But I cannot back out not because it won't change anything. I'm in too deep to get out unaffected. It's only gonna hurt.

"Lydia, honey, are you alright?" Erica's soothing voice echoes in my ears, breaking me out of my reverie. I turn around and face her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about something." I respond, trying for nonchalance.

She walks towards me, holding my hand in a caressing hold. "Are you sure? You seem like something's bothering you. You can talk to me, you know that, right? I'm here, to listen." Her reassuring smile calms me down effectively.

I give her a small smile. "I will talk to you when I feel like it. I promise." Then I remove my hands from her grip and step back, lifting my lips in a big grin. "Now, let's go or we'll be late."

She seems satisfied with my response, grinning back at me. "Okay."

Together, we both walk down the stairs, straight to the hall where rest of the students are assembled, including our group of friends, as per the teachers' instructions. The teacher arrives as soon as Erica and I do and she dives into our schedule for the day. "Okay, students. The beach we visited yesterday is called the Nusa Dua Beach, one of the famous tourist attractions. And today, we'll be visiting the Museum PASIFIKA and then we'll be seeing the Devdan Show at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre.

Everyone squeals and shouts in delight, bouncing at their places. I even hear a whistle, earning a glare from our dear teacher and laughs from the crowd. The teachers yell for us to maintain the decorum and follow her quietly. So we keep our mouths shut and follow her.

●●●

Museum PASIFIKA is magnificent. 

It's an art museum presenting the Asian Pacific's variety of cultural artifacts. This museum is one of the best places to view and admire an extraordinary collection of art and crafts from the ancient times. The teacher explained this, not me. She also started speaking all about the history of the museum as if she had learnt all this the previous night and she just had to let it out before she forgot everything.