19 - Wait for the drip

●●●

●●●

"I got a B in my chemistry test!"

"Congratulations sweetheart, you did good." Ridge smiles at me, pecking me on the cheek softly. I beam at him, feeling proud of myself.

"Thanks to you. It was possible just because of you." I thank him. "You're a life saver."

A chuckle escapes his lips. "You don't have to thank me for doing something for you. I'm glad I could help you."

"Quiet, class." Mrs. Wilson's voice booms through the room, making everyone shut their mouth in a matter of seconds. She claps her hands together, pushing her glasses on the bridge of her nose, looking at us with narrowed eyes. "We have a practical class today, so I want no lethargic student, or a troublemaker. We will be performing Oxalic Acid vs Potassium Permanganate titration. It will be done in pairs. Twenty percent of your final grade will be determined from these series of experiments. So, choose you partners wisely. " She pauses, to give us time for forming pairs.

I turn to my right, looking straight at Ridge, who's already looking at me. "Hey partner."

He gives me a crooked smile. "Hey yourself."

"Okay students. I hope you have chosen your partner. Since the apparatus is not here, we'll be performing the experiment in the laboratory. So, be quiet and follow me."

Silently, well as silently as possible, we follow her towards the lab which is not that far from our class. She allots us our seats, and asks us to open the drawers in front of us, underneath the counter to retrieve our glasses and lab coats. Once we are fully prepared, we are given instructions on how to go on with the experiment.

"Okay, so how about you tell me what to do? I'll follow your instructions or I might blow up the lab." I suggest, looking at Ridge who is busy adjusting the collar of his lab coat. Once he's done, he nods in reply. "Sure."

I take in his appearance. He's wearing a pink polo shirt paired with black ripped jeans. And on top of that, the lab coat that seems to fit him perfectly. Safe to say, he looks hot. He would make a sexy doctor.

"First weigh 0.63 g of Oxalic Acid in the electronic balance and then mix it with water in the conical flask." He orders, collection all the equipments required. I nod, and do as I'm asked to do. When I'm done, I hand him the flask. "Here."

He takes it from my grasp and puts it on the burner, heating it.

I blink at him in confusion. "Why are we heating it?"