33 - You're such a dork

●●●

●●●

"Sweetie, can I come in?"

I sit up straight on hearing my Aunt's soft voice from the other side of the door. "Of course you can."

I hear the door opening, revealing my sweet aunt, a smile on her beautiful face. She closes the door behind her, sitting down in front of me, on my bed.

"I wanted to give you this." She says, showing me a small box in her hands. She hands it to me, making me look at her in confusion. "It's my gift for you."

I open the wooden box carefully, revealing a crystal gold necklace. I gasp in surprise when I realize who's necklace this is. It belongs to my mom. She lost it a few years back, and hadn't been able to find it ever. "How did you get this?" I breathe out.

"Your mom must've left it when you all came to our place when we adopted Dave. I was cleaning my room a few weeks back and I found this in my vanity, in one of the drawers." She tells me, caressing my hand softly.

I hug her tight, a few tears making their way down my face. "Thank you so much. This is the best thing someone could've even given me."

"Of course sweetie, this belongs to you now. Keep it safe." She runs her fingers through my hair, pulling away from the hug.

"I will." I nod, wiping the tears away with the back of my hand.

My aunt takes hold of my hand, her eyes widening when she notices the ring I'm wearing. She slims her finger across the delicate ring, looking at it in awe and surprise. "Did Ridge give this to you?"

"Yeah. It's a birthday present." I murmur, heat creeping up my neck. "Isn't it beautiful?"

She lifts her head up to look at me. "It is. Just as beautiful as you." She pinches my cheeks affectionately. "That boy's a keeper for sure. I've seen the way you two are with each other."

"Yeah, he's pretty special to me." I smile, my thoughts drifting towards a certain black eyed beautiful boy who's captivated me in his charms. Not that I'm complaining about it.

"Also, I wanted to tell you that your dad wanted to talk to you about something. He's in his room, waiting for you." She tells me, her voice a little hesitant.

"Is everything alright? Did something happen?" I ask her, my voice coming out a little panicky. I hope dad's alright.

"Yes, it's nothing to be worried about. So, why don't you just talk to him, okay?" She reassures me, squeezing my hand lovingly.

"I'll be back." I get up from my bed in a hurry and walk out of the room, heading straight for my dad's room. I open the door without any warning to see dad sitting on his bed, speaking to Whks in a soft low voice.

"Dad." I call out, making him look at me. Whis stands up at his place, barking excitedly. I walk inside the room, closing the door behind me and sit down next to Whis who doesn't waste a second before climbing on top of me, nuzzling himself close to me. "You wanted to talk to me about something?"