My Only Love

"Lily.." Jake said with a smile across his face.
"Do you know her last name Jake?" Snape asked.
"No daddy" Jake said frowning at the disappointment on his fathers face.
"Lily potter..." Dumbledore said.
"Who?" Severus asked, the name sounded familiar but he only knew a man with the last name potter and that was his enemy.
"Your Best Friend Severus, Lily Evans" Dumbledore said, he then knew Lily was the mother of his child.
"Show me a picture" Severus said.
Dumbledore got his pensive and poured a memory into it.
"Lily gave me this memory on the last day of school here, have a look" Dumbledore said. Snape stood towards the pensive and put his head in.
He saw himself standing in the great hall watching the sorting ceremony, but this one girl particular he was paying attention to.
"GRYFFINDOR" the hat yelled, he saw the disappointment on his younger selfs face, then the scene changed. A red haired girl with green eyes walked towards his younger self.
"Severus, we aren't in the same house" the girl said frowning.
"I know Lily but you're still my best friend no matter what" Severus said. Lily looked up at the younger Severus and smiled. They walked off together.
The memory faded again, he saw a 16 year old Severus crying by the lake. Lily looked out at him and walked down and sat next to him.
"Sev..." Lily said, Severus wiped away his tears quickly and looked at the girl sitting next to him. "What's wrong severus" Lily asked.
"It's nothing really" Severus said, looking at the ground.
"Sev... Tell me please" Lily said looking at the long haired boy who sat against the tree.
"Lily, I'm Inlove with you, what's so special about potter" Severus said, putting his head in his hands.
Lily frowned. "Sev I love you too... But I also love James and I'm not leaving him" Lily said getting up and leaving him there. "I'm sorry sev" she said before walking away. The memory faded and Severus came out of the pensive. Memories flashed through his mind of Lily Evan and a smile appeared across his face.
"S-She is my only love" Severus mumbled looking at the ground, with a tear in his eye.
"She's not sick Severus, she's still alive but Voldemort is after her other son Harry and to keep Jake safe she gave him to you." Albus said looking at the two year old who was looking up at them.
"I need to go see her.." Severus said.
"I must take you Severus, they are in hiding so you can not see there house" Dumbledore said.
"Okay but I need to do this alone" Snape said looking at his son. "Okay, I'm going to get some house elves to look after to you" Snape said, Jake nodded smiling.
"Elves are fun!" He said clapping his hands. Snape chuckled and called one of the house elves.
"Yes master.." The small elf said.
"Take care of Jake here and make sure he has fun" Severus said. The small elf nodded.
"Yes, indeed sir" the elf said, walking off with Jake.
"Okay let's go" Severus said.
"Okay but first, when we get there do not step off the door step" Dumbledore said. Severus nodded. Albus held out his arm and Severus held onto it and then had the weird feeling the he was getting sucked through a tube. When his feet hit the ground he stayed still.
Dumbledore rang the doorbell.
"Who is it?" Said a mans voice from the other side of the door.
"Albus Dumbledore and friend" Albus said, the door swung open to see James potter standing in front of them.
"Severus Snape, wasn't your memory wiped" James said with a smirk spread across his lips.
"Yes it was potter so may I speak to your wife about that" Snape said after rolling his eyes.
"Sure" James said letting both Severus and Albus in. Severus looked over at Albus and said.
"That's the nicest his ever been to me" Severus said with a chuckle. "Where is she James?" Severus asked.
"In Harry's room, upstairs, last door" James said, Severus walked up the stairs and to the last door opening it slowly. He saw her beautiful face looking at him.
"Severus" she mumbled wide eyed.
"Why did you do it Lily? I loved you... No I love you" Severus said looking at her with tears in his eyes.
"I'm sorry but I had to if I was going to be with James, I was already promised to him and we you know had sex that one night" Lily said looking at the ground.
"That was the best night of my life" Severus mumbled.
"Why cause we had sex?" Lily asked furiously.
"No Lily, you've got it wrong. That was the one night I thought you were actually mine and that I could love you for the rest of my life" severus said looking away from her, he wanted to be angry at her and if he looked in her eyes he would forgive her too easily.
"You were wrong severus" she mumbled.
"Well clearly Lily!" Severus yelled looking at her, he saw her emerald green eyes and immediately felt bad, tears started to form in her eyes. "I'm sorry"'Severus muttered. She saw her walk to towards him quickly. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him passionately. Severus felt himself kissing back. She pulled away slowly frowning.
"I did it again.." Lily said as she started to cry. "James doesn't deserve me, he forgave me for the other time... With you, I love you Severus and I don't know what I'm doing here" Lily said as tears ran down her face. Severus wrapped his arms around Lily. "I can't be with you sev, James and I must keep harry safe. I'm going to die soon and I know it" Lily said looking at the ground.
"No you're not Lily.. " Severus said "I'll do anything to keep you and your son safe"
Lily smiled at her one true love, then looked away. "You need to go Severus" Lily said. "I might not be able to control myself if you're here" Lily finished.
Severus frowned at kissed her on the cheek. "Good bye love" Severus said walking out of the room.