why?

Severus was sitting in his office thinking...
"SEVERUS" Albus Dumbledore came storming into Severus' office, with a look on his face Severus didn't recognise.
"What is it headmaster?" Severus asked concerned.
"It's Lily and James Potter, they're... Dead" Albus said, looking at the ground with tears forming in his blue eyes. Severus fell to the ground.
"And there son?" Severus asked nearly in tears.
"Alive but with a horrible scar" Albus muttered. Severus looked up at the headmaster
"You mean to say a one year old boy survived the killing curse?" Severus asked. Albus nodded. "And the dark lord"
"He has vanished, the curse rebounded. But he will return Severus" Albus said.
"This is all my fault" Severus said putting his head in his hands and letting his tears fall into them.
"Severus it's not your fault your memory was erased" Albus said.
"Don't blame it on Lily" Severus cried.
"I'm not blaming it on Lily, it was a mistake, lily was young and confused" Albus said looking away from Severus.
"Y-You knew all this time that she took my memory, YOU KNEW!" Snape started yelling.
"Yes I knew but not until after you told Voldemort about the prophecy" Albus said "get up off the ground Severus, that is no place for a man like you to be" Albus muttered putting out his hand for Snape, Snape took it and stood up.
"I want Harry" Snape said, Albus was taken by surprised.
"I'm sorry Severus but Harry is with his aunt and uncle"
"WHAT? they are horrible people" Severus said angrily.
"I know but they are his only family" Albus said.
"His only family, have you forgotten about his half brother, jake"
"No Severus ofcourse not but he is just a baby, he can't be famous this young, when the time comes he'll come to Hogwarts and you can see him" Dumbledore said.
"10 years!" Severus said. Albus nodded sadly.
"I'm afraid I have to go Severus, make sure you take care of that son of yours" Albus said before walking out. Severus fell to the ground with his head in his hands, what could he possibly do? His only love was no longer here.
A yawn came from the door way. "Daddy" a tired jake said. Severus looked up with tears in his eyes, more tears formed when he saw Jake. "What's wrong dad?" Jake said walking to his father slowly.
"It's nothing Jake" Severus said trying to put a smile on his face but he failed terribly, he didn't know how to tell his son that his mother had been killed by the darkest wizard ever known. The answer was he wouldn't, not yet.
Jake walked up to his dad finally and hugged him tightly. "What's wrong buddy?" Severus asked, Jake looked up at him teary eyed.
"Mummy's gone, isn't she?" Jake asked, he started to cry silently into his fathers chest.
"I'm sorry Jake, your brother Harry is okay" Severus said hugging Jake tightly and trying to comfort him.
"Harry... Where is he?" Jake asked.
"Y-you won't be seeing him for a while" Severus said, the face that Jake pulled broke Severus' heart. It was a really sad look, some how it was worse then him crying. It was disappointment mixed with sadness.
"But you can get him right?" Jake asked.
"I'm sorry but it's not my decision Jake" Severus said. Jake pushed his father away.
"I've lost everything!" Jake said. For a two year old he knew what was happening very well. Severus tried to grab onto his son again but was once again pushed away.
"You've got me Jake" Severus said, he had tears running down his face. "I'm sorry Jake but I'm going to make sure from now on that you get everything you want" Severus said, he knew he couldn't make this happen.
"I want my mum and brother" Jake said.
"I can you can talk to your mum, just come with me" Severus said grabbing his sons hand and walking out with him.