Lin Walks Into a Bar

Tumblr prompt here we go

Lin huffed as she pushed open the door to the bar, she didn't usually venture to this one, she just happened to bust a criminal a block down. She let the boys take him in, she was spent for the night. She scanned the area, pin poiting an empty seat near the end. She made her way over, checking the time on the clock to make sure it wasn't too late. She sat down, looking to the bartender who smiled at another guest. Lin's breath hitched in her throat as the woman turned to look at her, catching her eye. The woman smiled, biting her bottom lips subtly before returning her attention to the customer. She was about Lin's age, maybe older, her hair in the transition from cocoa brown to a sterling grey. A few strands of it fell loose to her face, while the rest was tied up messing. Lin felt herself blush, staring at the wooden counter.

"Can I get something for you tonight?" A voice asked, a very prominent voice.

"Uh, sure, whiskey, on the rocks." She watched her walk away, a naturally sway in her hips as she lifted the bottle of whiskey and poured it into a false crystal glass.  She returned with Lin's drink, which Lin sipped slowly, keeping an eye on the woman who was drying a glass.

"I've never seen you here before," she said, "I would remember a face like yours." Lin chuckled, taking another sip.

"Just happened to be in the area."

"Ah, work?"

"Yup." She set the glass down, looking to the other drinkers who all seemed satisfied. She leaned onto the counter, resting on her elbows.  Lin gulped trying to stare down her top which revealed a lot in her current stature.

"So tell me, what is it someone like you does?" She asked. Lin grinned, this lady had no idea who she was. She could work with that.

"Construction, and planning, for Sato industries."

"Huh. I bet you get paid well." She said. Lin smirked.

"You know how the Sato's are." She replied. The bartender looked down the counter, a man appeared from the kitchen and she waved to him.

"I'm taking my break." She called to him. He nodded, and she leaped onto the counter, sliding off the other side and sitting next to Lin.

"The name's Kya, in case you were wondering." She said. Lin ran a tongue over lip in contemplation.

"Lin," she replied. Lin was like Lee, there were a lot of them. As long as she didn't give a last name she'd be fine.

"Lin. I like it. It's hot,' she said causing Lin to flush again. She wished for the beautiful tan skin Kya had, if the water tribe girl was blushing, Lin couldn't tell.
"So tell me, Lin. Howd you get those scars on your cheek?" Lin stiffened, she had to play her cards right here.

"Run in with a burglar a while back. Sato industries, believe it or not, is a prime target for street gangs."  Kya nodded, sliding closer to Lin if it was possible. Lin took in the scent of her hair, mixed in with the scents of various alcohols was something sweet, coconut perhaps. She felt a hand on her thigh, and looked with just her eyes, to see Kya's hand inching its way up. Sla familiar sensation returned to her stomach, a sensation she honestly hadn't felt in a while. A dangerous sensation.

"Lin, I think that I'd like to get to know you a little better," Kya started, her hand was just below Lin's abdomen now. "Why don't you stick around for an hour, and after my shift ends we could... get out of here. Do something a little more, recreational?"

Lin released a breath at the hand pressed against her.

"I can manage that," she replied.

The end of Kya's shift couldn't come soon enough, Lin was in the dingy bar bathroom, washing herself up a bit when the waterbender came in, clearly with the same plan.

"Sorry," Lin said, moving past her. Kya placed a hand on her chest, stopping Lin.

"No need to rush, just changing out of this uniform." Kya smirked. Kya's hand did a quick wrap around her waist, drawing Lin's attention to her. Lin raised an eyebrow as Kya slipped out of her black v-neck. Lin looked her up and down and Kya grinned, pulling the replacement robe over her head.

"You hungry?" Lin asked when she was finished.

"Starving." Lin chuckled, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"I know a place." They walked a couple blocks, Lin listened to Kya talk the entire time, her stories as tantalizing as she was. The place Lin chose was simple, classier than fast food, but not something she'd be emptying her pockets. She didn't want this girl to know that much about her, after all.

"So, where does Lin live?" Kya asked, biting into a mozzarella stick.

"Uptown, ten blocks give or take." Lin replied, leaning back in the booth and crossing her arms.

"Huh, well, being in the city must be nice, being close to work and all."

"Its alright, do you not live here?" Lin asked, slightly concerned.

"In the outskirts, its a hassle, but I make it work." Lin nodded, watching her eat another mozzarella stick. She smirked, confused as to why she found this girl so entrancing.

"Well, I think that concludes dinner," Kya said, wiping her hands on a napkin.

"You want anything else?" Lin asked. She didn't know what compelled her to offer, she hadn't expected this one night stand to last as long as it already had.

"No, thanks, I'm good. I'm just gonna..." she pointed to the washroom and Lin gestured for her to go. The waitress came by with the bill, hading Lin the thin piece of paper.

"Whos the company, Chief?" She asked. Lin snorted, unlike the bare she was a regular here, she should have anticipated them noticing.

"Would you believe me if I said a friend?"

"Probably not."

"She's a friend."

"Got it." Lin slid her the Yuan, leaving a generous tip and she walked off. Kya came back to the table, taking her coat off the hangar next to the booth.

"Well, Lin, you're place or mine?" She asked. Lin blushed, standing up to meet her, pressing herself close against the other woman.

"The cab is outside."

___________________________________________

"You met her at a bar?"

"Yes."

"You're wife?"

"Yes! God how hard is to understand?"

"No it's just I didn't expect-"

"Expect what?"

"Nothing. Nevermind." Lin smirked as Saikhan left, the office party had concluded with her revealing her largest secret, to one of her best friends, but that didn't change how it felt.

"Lin, can I come out now?"

"Yes, sorry dear." Lin replied. The doors of her office wardrobe opened and Kya swung her legs over and stepped out.

"It gets cramped in there." Kya remarked, rubbing her neck.

"Your idea, not mine." Kya glared at her and Lin just shrugged.

"Where is everyone?" Kya asked, looking into the vacant precinct.

"Gone home."

"Nightshift?"

"They're on the floor below us." Kya turned to Lin, raising an eyebrow.

"We have the entire floor to ourselves?"

"Seems like it." Kya ran a tongue over her teeth, sparking a vivid memory, as she made her way to Lin. She trapped the younger woman in a straddle on her work, holding behind her neck.

"You did good today, Lin," Kya said. Lin shuddered, just a bit. Kya rarely referred to her as Lin anymore, always "chief" or "beifong" (she said they sounded sexy) but "Lin", Lin meant something really special. Lin pushed the door closed, locking it with a flick of her wrist.

"Hungry?" Lin asked. Kya leaned into her ear, nibbling it before whispering her reply,

"Starving."