Signs

More Angst but this one is less sad more drama why? IDK

Lin came home, slamming the door behind her with a huff. She went to the kitchen, taking a bottle of her strongest liquor and pulling it open with her hands. She took a swig, before throwing it down, bursting into tears. She let loose an angry cry as everything replayed itself.

I'm going back to the southern water tribe." Kya said  holding Lin's wrists.

"What?"

"I just... I need to get out of here for a while."

"Kya, you told me you were here to stay!"

"And I am, Lin. It's just... I'm home all day and you're gone. I'm bored."

"So I'm boring?"

"No! Lin, please don't take this the wrong way!"

"Oh is there a right way to take this, Kya? You're leaving, right? Because you're 'bored." Lin raised her hands, adding quotations with her fingers.

"Lin that isn't what I said and you know it."

"Do I? I'm tired of you telling me what I know. Every time we argue it's always 'Lin you know better than this you know better than that, what do you know, Kya?"

"Lin, please this doesn't have to be a big deal!" Lin pulled herself away from the other girl Kya recoiling.

"It is a big deal to me, Kya. I don't want you to leave. For once cab you just keep your word!" Kya huffed, her face turning red.

"You want to fight? Fine, we'll fight!" Kya yelled. "I don't know what I have to do to get your attention, Lin. It's like no matter what there's always something more important for you to do!"

"Its not more important it's just... my job! Someone has to pay the bills!"

"Forget about the bills, Lin. We're fifty years old! We have enough money to retire three life times over. We have three homes to go to, friends and family who we could be spending time with. Work isn't everything!"

"It is to me!" Lin hollered back. The metalbender had nothing her entire life until Kya entered it a few years ago. She wasn't used to having someone care for her like she did her work.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Kya said angrily, backing away, "I didn't realize I was such a burden to you."

"Kya-"

"No, work is everything to you, right?"

"Kya, I didn't mean that."

"No, you've expressed your opinion, Lin. Maybe Tenzin was right, you won't let yourself have a happy ending. I'm going back to the south pole tomorrow."

"Kya, please."

"No, Lin. Stop. This isn't working. I...I can't keep being the one to make sacrifices. You know what I want."

"Kya, tell me, I'll do it." Kya scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"You don't know, do you? Fuck, Lin. Did you ever pay attention to me?"

"Kya, I love you."

"Are you sure about that?" Kya asked.
Lin raised her hand to say something, but froze up, at a loss for words.
"Dont worry about it, Lin. I'm not your problem anymore." Lin watched, tears streaming down her face as Kya left. Another break up on Air temple island. She should be used to it by now, but she wasn't. She knew how this ended, and she didn't like it.

Lin fell to the floor, cutting her hand on the shattered glass, ignoring the pain. Sje racked her brain, thinking of all the signs that weren't there. Kya had told her she was obvious about it, but Lin didn't see. Work was nothing to her, Kya was everything, and she blew it. She wouldn't have another chance, this was it. No amount of crying, of sparring or drowning herself in liquor could make her feel better. This was it. Her kitchen floor, a bloody hand and a puddle of whiskey. Without Kya, this was all she had left. She leaned her hand back, wiping her face with her arm, sniffling.

"Kya..." she whispered. "I'm so sorry." Lin let herself break. She deserved it, didn't she? If only she hadn't invited on picking up the slack at work. If only she had listened to Kya, and paid more attention. If only she hadn't had a shitty day and started the fight with Kya. She could be wrapped in her arms right now. She laid there with her eye closed, thinking of all the different things she could've said. All the things that would have left her feeling loved instead of broken. Go after her. She raised an eyebrow at the thought. Certainly Kya was on a Bison by now? How could she even catch her? Try. She pushed herself up, taking a a cloth from the sink and tying it around her hand before running out of her apartment. She didn't have a plan, but her objective was clear: get Kya back.