Crushing

So Kya is about 18 and Lin is a fresh 17, Su would be 13, Tenzin is 16 almost 17 and Bumi is 21 almost 22.

Kya watched as Tenzin wrapped Lin in a very forced hug. She snorted when she saw her younger brother blush.

"Kya, whats wrong?".

"Nothing, I'm just standing here."

"Staring out the window, a dreamy look on your face one minute and an unimpressed snort the next."

"I'm just looking outside."

"Right... looking right at your brother and Lin. Again."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Katara didn't meet her gaze, so Kya returned her attention to the window.

"Why don't you go out there, hang out with them for a bit?"

"Looking like this?" Kya scoffed. "Besides I'm helping you." Katara rolled her eyes, putting another dish aside, next to the other ones Kya had failed to dry so far.

"'Helping is hardly accurate. Go out there, I feel like you haven't talked to Lin in so long." Because I haven't.

"I talked to her the other day."

"Oh yeah? When?" Kya frowned, crossing her arms, unable to come up with an answer.

"Thats what I thought. Maybe you can keep her company, your father wants to take Tenzin somewhere or other."

"No surprise there." She replied. Katara sighed in frustration, pulling her hands from the sink water, drying them aggressively on the well worn towel.

"Go. Outside. Before I tell them to come in here."

"You wouldn't."

"I would." Katara opened her mouth, threatening to call the others from outside.

"Okay okay, I'm going." Kya stuck out her tongue as she left, earning a glare from her mother, but no words followed. She made it to the front porch before Lin ran up to her.

"Kya! I felt like I haven't seen you in so long!" The earth bender said, panting. She had sweat dripping from her forhead and Kya figured they must have been sparring.

"Yeah its been a while," she agreed nervously. Her cheeks began to burn when Lin wiped her forhead with the bottom of her shirt. Now I remember why I've been avoiding you.

"We should spar," Lin said, "I'm getting tired of whooping his Airbender ass."

"Hey!" Tenzin protested from behind them.

"Oh I don't know I'm more of a healer-"

"Kya stop lying, you were practicing all day yesterday with your friend." Kya wanted to slap her brother, send him into the spirit world right then and there.

"Well, you got me there. Sure, let's spar." She said, glaring at Tenzin.

"Great, I'm going to take a water break, don't go easy on me. I can take it." Kya nodded nervously as Lin walked past her.

"What is wrong with you?" Tenzin asked. "Why are you being so weird?".

"Shut up!" Kya growled, pushing past him.

Lin downed a glass of water, trying to ignore Katara's eyes on her.

"Hows your mother?" Katara asked after a while.

"Shes good, I think, she's busy."

"Shes married to her job." Katara said with a half-hearted grin. Katara knew exactly what Lin thought of her mothers job, and she never said anything more detailed than that about it.