Like You

Couple of votes on my message board went to a personality swap story. Have to admit I didn't really know what to do with this but I think it turned out okay. It's not very long, but I didn't think it needed more. Enjoy 😊

Kya wasn't having a great day. In fact, her day sucked. She pushed the door closed behind her, huffing in anger. Lin chuckled from the kitchen, and Kya was even more infuriated.

"Someone have a long day?" Lin asked, siding up to her.

"I really don't want to talk about it."

"Fair enough." Lin said, handing Kya a cup of tea.

"Whats got you so chipper?" Kya asked, scowling as she burned her tongue.

"Raiko is stepping out of the race. Which means I don't have to put up with his shit anymore."

"Welk I'm glad you're happy." Lin sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Kya."

"What?"

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay fine, sit there in silence, I'll be in the studio." Kya watched as her wife retreated to the art studio, no doubt to sit in front of a canvas and paint something absolutely stunning.  Kya waited for a moment before following her. She stood behind Lin for a moment before Lin scoffed, setting her brush in the water.

"Okay, what?" Lin asked, turning on her stool.

"Nothing."

"Kya, something is obviously bothering you, just tell me maybe I can help." Kya's eyes flitted to the corner of the room.

"I met someone today." Kya said, not meeting Lin's eye.

"Okay, and you're angry about this because..."

"I'm not angry just embarrassed."

"Why?"

"He was one of your... um... past flings." Lin raised an eyebrow, before turning a corner of a smile.

"You met Rajiv."

"Yeah he came in for stitches on his hand." Lin chuckled, walking up to Kya and taking her by the hand.
"He saw my last name and asked if I knew Lin Beifong and I told him about us and he... he didn't know. Then things were super awkward and he told me you guys used to go out." Lin nodded.

"That's true."

"okay."

"Kya."

"Hmm?"

"Look at me." Kya stopped looking at the wall, instead focusing on Lin in front of her.

"I love you. Rajiv and I were like... fifteen years ago, almost."

"Well you were hung up on-"

"If you drag Tenzin into this I swear I'll-" Kya's face spread into a grin and Lin laughed.
"You're teasing me.'

"Yup."

"Very funny."

"I try."

"Please don't do that again, it's eerie, and weird."

"What you don't like when I act like you?"

"No, it's like I'm dating my mom."

"Are you saying you're like your mom?" Lin didn't answer and Kya followed her to the kitchen, clinging onto her arm.
"Does this mean I'm dating Toph?"
Lin glared at her and Kya kissed deer cheek.

"Please stop talking." Lin said, pulling out a pot.

"And Lin is back." Kya grinned, hopping onto the counter to watch her wife make dinner.