Car ride

"Now that all the kids are gone, it's time for an adult game." Kya smirked, whipping an empty glass bottle from behind her back. Lin watched as Kya pulled a table to the Center of the group and placed the bottle down. Today marked the anniversary of the end of the 100 years war, and naturally there was a party. Tenzin and Pema had set up, inviting their friends and gathering a decent crowd. After the kids left, and Korra and her friends about 15 of them remained. It was slightly past midnight and everyone had more then their fair share of alcohol. Lin was embarrassed to admit that she too had taken more than usual, downing glass after glass. She had lost count but she was resilient, and sober enough to be aware.

"Kya don't you think spin the bottle is a little... out of our time?" Tenzin asked his sister.

"Oh shush. I know you used to play it all the time at parties back when you were quite the bachelor. "

"How would you even know?" Tenzin asked.

"Well Tenzin most of those parties were mine."

"How come I never saw you then?"

"Well first of all, no one wants to be the weirdo partying with her brother, and second of all I threw those strictly for the babes. There were always drunk girls willing to experiment." Lin laughed and so did the rest of the crowd. "Now don't be scared tenzin, you go first." Tenzin sighed and spun the bottle, just when Lin thought it was going to land on Maggie- one of the air nomads- the bottle gained momentum and landed on Pema.
"Hey no air bending!" Kya protested.

"You didn't say that."

"It was implied."

"Oh well I know for next round." Tenzin smirked, knowing all well there wouldn't be a next round. Lin watched the bottle go around the circle, some encounters were decent to say the least and some forced her to close her eyes because of the cringe. Su's landed on Bataar, no doubt she manipulated it. Then it came to Lin's turn. She had no reason to manipulate it, other than it landing in Tenzin. But she wouldn't kiss him even if it did. Lin sighed and gave the bottle a spin. Time slowed as she watched it circle, finally coming to a halt. She followed the bottles line of sight with her eyes. Looking up time see a smiling Kya at the end.

"Lin you don't-" Su started. But Lin got up and took Kya by the waist, pulling her into a much deeper kiss than anticipated. Kya returned the gesture, cupping Lin's face with one of her hands. Lin pulled apart and Kya looked to be in shock. Her eyes were wide and she stared at Lin, and Lin stared back. Kya blushed before breaking eye contact and pulling apart. Lin noticed the older girl gulp and bite her bottom lip before passing the bottle to the next player. Lin caught her sisters eye from across the table. Su looked at her, clearly surprised by Lin's intrigue in the game. Lin shrugged, pretending it was no big deal, but truthfully, it was. That kiss had been unexpected, but it had been good. And by the look on Kya's face Lin could tell that Kya thought so too.

As expected the game ended when it got back to Tenzin. Tenzin has used his air bending to ensure that Pema's spin landed on him but people were growing tired of fighting it so they let it happen.

"I'll go get some chips if anyone is hungry?" The group made a somewhat coordinated sound to say that they were indeed hungry and Kya ran off into the garage behind them. Lin noticed she had reached the bottom of the glass, and decided that she would have one more before turning in for the night. She got up and made her way into the garage, looking for the right bottle. Lin poured herself the drink, but the sudden urge to pee came over her and she made way to the bathroom. As she was washing her hands, the door rattled behind her. She opened it and someone forced their way into the room. They pushed their face against hers, kissing her with a passion she was unfamiliar with. Lin returned the kiss, perhaps because of the liquor or because she had figured out who's pair of lips she was entangled with. She felt a hand press against her chest, and tongue fight her own. The sudden burst of passion stopped just as quickly as it had started and Lin was distance from Kya. Kya licked her lips and smiled, sending a burst of emotion through the police chief.