Two worlds apart

Requested By Vic_the_avatar_fan

Alright, I was asked for angst, for drama and I have been writing for about a week now, and I think I delivered. Its not for everyone, a little controversial a little upsetting, I know, but, Lin and Kya are pretty damn cute in it and thats what matters. Anyway, I hope you like, and I hope it was what you were invisioning, sort of.

Lin couldn't bring herself to look away from Kya, even with Tenzin on her arm, her attention was totally on the waterbender. She talked animatedly with Bumi, arguing over who had the best adventures so far.

"Lin, dear, are you okay?" Tenzin asked, pulling her from her thoughts.

"Hmm? Yes, fine."

"Well, I'm going to help my father with some acolyte stuff outside, I'll see you in a bit."

"Sure." Tenzin leaned in to kiss her, but she remained still, so he planted it on her cheek instead. She waited until he was gone before sitting next to his sister.

"Hey Lin!" She smiled sloppily, "hows it going in police town?"

"Its, um... its great." Kya put a hand on her cheek, and Lin blushed.

"You're always so shy, Lin. I'd give anything to see you absolutely comfortable with us. You're amazing you know."

"Thats the liquor talking,"

"Maybe, but alcohol isn't known to make people tell lies." Lin scoffed, a smile stretching across her lips.
"Zila!" Kya called, getting off the sofa and embracing the fire nation woman who stepped in.

"Hey honey," the girl, Zila, smiled as the tipsy Kya embraced her.

"How was You're day?" Kya asked, kissing her on the cheek. Lin crossed her arms, snorting quietly in a jealous disgust.

"Oh you know... the plants don't power themselves."

"Shes a lightning bender," Kya iterated.

"Yes, well, you seem like you've been having fun, Kya." Lin raised her eyebrows, picking up on the sterness in Zila's voice.

"The best, that's Lin, I don't think you've met her. She's the best. You know, I think you two could really put on an epic battle if you ever needed a sparring partner."

"I have you for that, Kya."

"Pfffft. You know I don't try, Lin however, ha! She destroys Tenzin everytime."

"Its true." Lin added, trying to read Zila.

"Well, then we should spar sometime Lin."

"of course." I'll kick your ass. Lin thought.

"Right now," Kya said.

"What?"

"Spar now, why not? Its nice out, everyone is just sitting here anyway."

"I don't know Ky," ugh, Ky? Her name is only three letters long you don't have to shorten it. Tenzin doesn't call me Li. "I'm a little exhausted from work."

"You think you can't take me?" Lin said, aggressively.

"Oh no, I'm sure I could but-"

"Come on Zi! Prove her wrong!" Ouch.

"Alright, fine. But I'm not staying long I have to be up at 6 tomorrow."

"Of course." Kya planted a kiss on Zila's cheek, and Lin looked away. She didn't know what she planned to accomplish by fighting the other girl, to blow off some steam. She'd hear it from Tenzin later, but he didn't know the stakes. Kya will be so impressed. Lin prepared by removing her over shirt, leaving just the tank top and baggy pants, this always got a whistle from Kya, and she wasn't disappointed this time.
"Yeah! Alright babe, you're turn!" Zila smirked, pulling off the heavy fire nation robe, revealing a sports bra, and the same baggy pants pulled up to her waist. Zila tied her hair up, and prepared herself in a stance. Lin took a deep inhale, relaxing with the breath. Remember you're training, don't let Kya see you fail.