Kyalin Week 4

Prompt-  fake dating

"So why are we doing this again?"

"To catch Jingong in the act."

"Of what?"

"Selling drugs! God, Kya were you even listening?" Lin growled.

"Sorry, sorry. I've never gone undercover before."

"I know, just, do everything I say."

"You got it chief!" Kya winked, getting an eye roll from Lin. They arrived to the van, where Mako had his tech all set up.

"Whats the situation?" Lin asked.

"Well.... it seems we had some misinformation." Lin glared at him and the kid shrunk in his seat.

"What do you mean misinformation detective?" Mako began to sweat and Kya looked to Lin who's brow was furrowed in rage.

"Well, initially we thought this was a deal, or a hand off but..."

"Spit it out."

"Its a club."

"What?"

"I mean its a literal club, chief, drinks, dancing, all that." Lin's face went a subtle red and Kya took a step back.

"Its not misinformation you nitwit, it means he's onto us. He knew we'd be looking to catch him, so he went to the busiest place her could to do his dealings." Mako frowned, looking at the data in his book.

"You're right."

" of course I'm right!"

"So what now?"

"We continue with the plan. I'm going in."

"What about me?" Kya asked.

"You too. We need to change first, we'll be like black pig-sheep in a field of ostrich horses." Lin opened a small case under a seat attached to the wall, her look darkening.
"This won't work. What do people wear in clubs nowadays?" She asked Mako, but he just shrugged. Kya grinned, stepping forward with confidence.

"Lin," she said, "I think I can help with this."

"I can't wear this."

"Why not?"

"How am I supposed to fight in this if something goes wrong?"

"The skirt will rip if you push hard enough against it."

"Why does it do that?" Lin asked, looking at the skirt with a frown. Kya blushed, looking in the mirror to adjust her necklace.

"No reason."

"You bought an easily tearable skirt for no reason? Kya that doesn't make sense." Kya sighed, stifling a laugh.

"If you really want to know, I'll tell you after we catch the bad guys." Lin harrumphed, but left it alone.
"So what's the plan anyway?" Kya asked, "now that its changed."

"We'll go in together-"

"What do you mean together?" Kya asked, trying a little harder to push Lin's buttons.

"I mean together, like a pair."

"Like together together, or just, together?" Lin stared at her in confusion.

"What?"

Kya sighed, walking up to Lin, adjusting the top piece. Lin looked out of place in these clothes, but they looked good on her. She didn't have her usual intimidating armor on, but the outline of her abs would be enough to scare off anyone who thought about taking her one in a one on one.

"I mean are we dating in this scenario, or are we there looking for dates, like a wingman situation?"

"We're there busting Jingong." Kya face palmed, confused by Lin's confusion.

"Lin, as undercover clubbers, are our alternate identities dating?" Lin looked at her, lost in thought for a moment.

"Sure." Kya tried to hide her excitement, nodding her head in approval.

"Thats all I needed to know."

"Well actually I'd like to go over the rest of the plan first."

"Right, carry on." Kya half-listened to the plan, making sure to keep note of the the most important parts. This was her forte, dressing up, playing the seductress in a club with a beautiful woman on her arm. She'd show Lin how good she could be.

"Ready for insertion," Lin said into the radio, before leaving it in its place. Kya stifled a grin at the word 'insertion' causing Lin to roll her eyes.
"Please try to act normal." Lin said, before the sound of music drowned her out.

Lin cased the joint, it was pointless. The lighting was ridiculously dark and there were so many people she couldn't see two feet in front of her.
"I'm going to use seismic sense." She said into Kya's ear. Kya's eyes widened and she looked around frantically.

"What? You want to have sex?" Lin looked at her, unsure whether this was the waterbenders attempt at flirting with her or if it really was just that loud in here.

"Just... cover me!" Lin pushed Kya so the taller girl was standing infront of her, providing her with some cover from the rest of the crowd. Lin slammed her foot into the earth, picking up a hallway behind the stage.
"This way!" She gestured for Kya to follow and the older woman took her hand, allowing herself to be pulled through the crowd by the police chief. Lin peeked around the curtain of the stage, creeping forward silently.

"This is a suspicious back stage, usually there's partygoers back here, VIPs or stones who don't want to go outside.

"I'm going to forget you know that."

"Hey, I have my own special set of skills alright. You should see me dance on that stage."

"Another time, Kya." Lin replied, not understanding what she just said. She'd watch Kya dance on that stage another time, as in not now, but later.

Kya ran her tongue over lips, contemplating a response when voices and footsteps came from the end of the hall.
"Hide!" Lin whispered but before they could move Kya pulled Lin's face to hers by the material of her shirt. Pressing their lips together in a long, silent make out session, simultaneously hiding their faces as the men walked past. One of them whistled, and Kya resisted the urge to groan. When they passed through a corridor a little ways up, Kya let go of Lin's shirt, the shorter girl falling back on her heels in surprise.

"Did you hear what they were talking about?" Kya whispered.

"What? No I-" Lin stammered. For the sake of Lin's integrity Kya ignored her flushed cheeks, tousled hair and absurd posture. She was well aware of her affect on women.

"I'll bet whatever it is, just down there. We should follow them."

"Kya maybe you should go back."

"What? Now? We finally reach the creepy corridor and you're going to send me back to the truck with Mako. You asked me to come remember?"

"I know I did but now I think it was wrong of me to bring you along. You're a civilian."

"Lin," Kya said seriously, "I can handle this."

"I know you can. Its me I'm worried about." Kya stared at her, her mouth agape.

"What are you talking about?" She asked. Lin turned away from her her fists balled.

"I-I...." a crash echoed from the doorway, drawing their attention.

"Let's complete the mission, and then we'll talk, alright?" Kya said, and Lin nodded. Kya took Lin's hand, grinning at the other woman's confusion.
"For consistency," she winked, and Lin shook her head, but she kept the hold on Kya's hand, pulling them through the dark corridor. Just two best friends catching crime together. There was nothing romantic about it.