Searching

Yeah so this one is a sequel to the previous chapter "Babysitting"

Lin sat at her table in her apartment, her arm rested on the wood and her chin rested on a hardened fist. She bounced her leg as she stared out the window, watching the city. It was the morning after her and Kya had kissed, and she had asked Kya to wait for her. She looked to the door when she heard a knock, her heart bouncing in her chest.
"come in!" She called, metal bending the lock open.
"Chief?" Mako said, stepping inside her apartment.
"Mako? What are you doing here?"
"You didn't come into to work today. We searched all over the city for you but when we realized that there was no word of a triad problem I figured you had to be here."
"I'm fine."
"I didn't ask if you were."
"Do you need something?"
"Should I tell the guys you won't be in today?" Lin hadn't even thought about work for the first time since she was eighteen. Her mind was elsewhere, even when Mako brought it to her attention she wasn't really thinking about it.
"Tell then I'll be there tomorrow and if I get any whiff of slacking I will not hesitate to end their careers."
"Yes chief."
"Mako," Mako stopped, pausing to look at her. "Thanks." He nodded and closed the door behind him. She sat there in silence for a moment longer before getting up, pulling a coat over her arm and heading out the door. There was one person she could trust to give her relationship advice, the trip was a bore, but it was do-able. She wondered if she should call Su, give her a heads up, but ultimately decided that getting on the fastest train out of the city was a top priority. She boarded at the station, taking a seat at the back of the second car near the window.
"First stop, Zaofu. Arrival time 12:30."

Kya placed around the island, unsure of what to do with herself now that her brother had returned with Pema and the kids were being watched. She had gotten a brief chewing out from Tenzin over Kai being there, but she mostly ignored him and eventually her gave up and went upstairs. She dug her feet into the sand and stared over the ocean, the autumn breeze sending a wave of comfort over her.
"Kya is everything okay?" Pema's voice came from behind her. "Don't let Tenzin get to you he's such a grump-"
"It's not Tenzin."
"Oh." Kya debates whether she should say anything. Her and Lin left on... confusing terms and she wasn't sure if they were something or not.
"There's a girl. I really like her and I get the feeling she likes me to."
"What's the problem?"
"She's... not out yet. Not even to herself I don't think." Kya explained, allowing herself to fall into the sand. She bent her knees to her chest and Pema sat down beside her.
"Have you talked to her?"
"Yes, well kind of. She told me to wait for her, I just don't know how long that'll be."
"That's a good sign though, she's interested."
"Yeah..." Kya trailed off.
"Do you want to tell me about her?" Kya smiled pulling her face from her knees and looking over the waves.
"She's strong. And sooo hot. She's a workaholic, and a little stubborn. But she always knows what she wants. Except when it comes to me."
"She sounds great."
"She is. I just don't know what to do now."
"She told you didn't she? You wait." Kya smiled, just a little and pushed her hands on her knees to get up. She offered Pema her hand and pulled the acolyte up.
"I guess your right, I'll find something to do in the meantime. Just to get out of Tenzin's hair."
"What hair?" The laughed and and parted ways. Kya thought about going in, maybe getting something to eat, but she decided against it. She needed to take her mind off Lin, and for that she needed something extra special. She boarded the small wooden sailboat that always seemed to be parked at the island dock. She water bended a wave and made for the city, her hair blowing in the breeze.

————————————————————————

Lin got off the train and allowed her eyes adjust to the brightness of the sun. The city had been cloudy, but the weather around Zaofu still had summer heat. She looked around for the exit, she spotted one through the crowd trying to take the train to Omashu. She stepped through the crowd, grateful no one would recognize her. She took in the sight of Zaofu in front of her, trying to remember which way to go, it wasn't hard considering her sister lived in the largest house in the city. She walked up the slight incline past a variety of shops. She stopped at one of them briefly, but left when she found nothing of interest. The steps up to her sisters estate were uneccesarily long, and when she let the guards at the gate know who she was they let her. She knocked at the front door, culling expecting Wing or Wei to answer, but was surprised when Kuvira opened the door.
"Hell—-oh"
"Why are you answering Su's door?" Lin asked.
"I'm... visiting?"
"Your supposed to be detained to the residences."
"Um... Su!" Kuvira called turning away. Lin crossed her arms, waiting for her sister to come to the door. As usual her sister was talking to someone before she turned to see her sister at her door. Her eyes widened and she put an arm to the back of her head nervously.
"Lin it's great-"
"Why is she here?"
"It's just for the day I was having her-"
"Su that wasn't the deal." Su sighed and stepped outside, closing the door behind her.
"Lin we were just having her over for tea and a family discussion." Lin scoffed, she had just got her and she was already fed up with her sister.
"You know what? Never mind Su. I'll just go back to RepublicCity so I can continue neglecting this problem."
"Lin wait!" Lin stopped, she wasn't totally sure why, but she did. "You came here for a reason." Suddenly Lin felt less inclined to leave, she did need to talk to her sister.
"I need to talk to you."
"Is everything okay?"
"Fine, I just need advice."
"Come, let's go to the garden and we can talk."