Speculation (sequal to Circumstances)

"Chief? Is everything alright?" Saikhan asked. Lin admired the tile, the familiar pattern, the meaning behind it. Everything she could recall from her childhood. The stories of the secret organization, the Order of the White Lotus. They were here, in Republic city, and bothering themselves with a councilman. What could it mean? Who was it? She frowne, placing the tile on her desk.

"Everything's fine, Saikhan, could you call my mother for me?"

"Why?" Lin glared at him and he backed out.
"None of my business, sorry Chief." Lin gestured for him to go. She couldn't get her mind off of what happened. An assassination, in her favor, struck down by a single bolt of lighting. A lotus tile, and a blue flame. If her theory was correct, the Republic City's corruption ran deeper than she imagined. So deep, it was embedded into its own creators. Team Avatar.

2 Years Later

"Remind me why we are here again." Lin grumbled.

"Because, I told mom I'd stop by at least once a year for supper."

"And I have to come because...."

"Because you love me." Kya grinned, placing a kiss on Lin's cheek. Lin scoffed, ringing the doorbell of the Air temple. The door swung open and Katara greeted them with a smile. She had a sole piece of silver hair, a strand at the front, it actually looked quite lovely, but Lin had been warned not to mention it.

"Ah, my favorite girls." Katara smiled, embracing them. Lin looked at Kya over Katara's shoulder, and Kya just winked in return. Be patient. The waterbender said with her eyes. Katara stepped aside, allowing the two of them to filter in, dropping coats on the hanger.  Lin spotted Tenzin and Pema at the far side of the table. Pema had grown significantly, which was likely because she finally hit puberty, Lin figured she was a late bloomer. Someone else was there two, but they were facing away from them, she couldn't tell who it was just yet. Kya offered Lin a reasurring glance before they made their way to the table, only for Lin to stop once the stranger turned around.

"Hey, Lin." She said softly, and Lin looked at her in horror. She bounced a three year old on her lap, and put on a grin.

"No." Lin said. "What are you doing here, Su?" Su laughed, and Lin felt Kya's hand rub against her.

"No hello from my sister?" Su joked. Lin walked up to her, looking Suyin up and down.

"Su-I..." she stammered.

"This is Jr." Su said, holding up the child. Lin looked at the boy, shaking her head.

"I can't do this." She gulped, before running out the front door. She sprinted, Suyin calling after her, to the edge of the island, standing on the dock. She took a deep breath, lifting a chunk of earth, and hauling it over the edge into the water.

"Lin," Kya said, coming up behind her.

"Did you know?" Lin growled. Kya frowned, and Lin turned away.
"You ambushed me with your mother crap! Kya, what am I supposed to do?! I don't know her anymore!"

"Lin shes your sister-"

"No! Kya, she's... shes a stranger. I had almost erased her from my life and now-"

"Lin!" Lin looked up, to see Suyin running toward them.

"Great. Just great." She mumbled.

"Lin, don't blame Kya. Please, I was the one that insisted on secrecy, I didn't think you'd come if you knew."