The Radio

Cannon to "The Box" and "The Office"

15 years ago

Kya brushed out her hair, watching tentatively as Lin paced the room, her hand to her chin.

"Lin, talk to me," Kya said, her voice filled with concern. Lin just looked at her and Kya shrugged.

"I just need a minute."

"Okay, take your time."  Lin looked Kya up and down, the waterbender pretended not to notice.

"Lin," Kya said calmly, but firmly, "we just made out, its not a big deal. Forget it even happened." Lin pursed her lips,

"And if I can't?"

"Then sit back down, we'll talk." Kya replied, patting the space next to her on her bed. Lin sat down and Kya scooted closer to her, making sure their shoulders were brushing.

"Whats on your mind, Lin?" She asked softly and the earthbender began to talk.

___________________________________________

"Katara I'll never understand this house of yours. Why are there so many stairs? And why did you have to make them twisty?" Toph complained as Katara guided her up the stairs.

"Well you don't live here, Toph." The earthbeder snorted to which Katara clicked her tongue.

"Lin better be up here for all this hassle."

"She is, her and Kya came up here an hour ago."

"Heh, Lin and sugar princess."

"Toph!" Katara scolded. Toph laughed and Katara couldn't help but smile a bit, greatful her friend couldn't see it.

"What? There's not two people in this world with two more contrasting personalities."

"Zuko and Azula." Katara answered. Toph looked at her sarcastically.

"You should think on that," Toph replied, pushing past Katara and moving down the hallway.

"Oh so now you can see?"

"Its a straight line."

"How could you know that?"

"Earthbending technique." Katara looked to the wooden floor, and back to Toph who jostled down the hallway. She shrugged and followed her shorter friend.

"Kya!" Katara shouted, sighing at the lack of response. The radio was on in her daughters room and she offered a knock."

"For spirits sake Katara, just open the door."

"I don't want to interrupt-" she was cut off by Toph pushing open the door, staring into the room with her blank eyes.

Katara looked inside, her jaw dropping as Lin pulled herself away from Kya, looking to floor, cheeks hot with embarrassment. She nudged Toph with a   chuckle.

"Still think they have 'contrasting' personalities." Katara asked with a grin.

"Katara."

"Hmm?"

"I'm blind!"

"Oh, right. They were making out." Tooh raised an eyebrow and Katara held back a chuckle, for Lin's sake. She couldn't wait to tease Kya about it later.

"Lin, did you come here just to get some sugar from the princess herself?" Toph cackled. Lin sat with her arms crossed and face scrunched in anger.

"Shut up," she replied. Katara put a hand on Toph's shoulder, pulling it back.

"We'll leave you to it, then." She said as they backed out, closing the door behind them.