Chapter 1 New Friends?

"Great. just my luck, stupid car," I said as my car suddenly stopped.

I'm going to be late. I can't be late.

Of course, this would happen to me today, out of all days.

It's not every day that a journalist like me would have the chance to do a one-on-one interview with a football player.

Well, not just a regular football player. A good one at that. One that everyone has been dying to get the chance to interview.

Jesse Hutcherman is the top football player for the Packers.

"Ugh, what the hell? I'm just going to get an Uber." I said, taking out my phone and requesting an Uber driver on the app.

Thank God I left early, or I would have been late.

I waited outside my building for the Uber driver; I got in the driver's car when he pulled up in front of my building. As soon as I got in, I told him I would give him a nice tip if he stepped on it.

He stepped on it, and in less than fifteen minutes, I saw myself in front of my destination. I gave him a thirty-dollar tip.

I didn't miss the Uber driver's expression of appreciation as he thanked me and helped me with my items.

After getting all my things from the Uber driver, I thanked him and said goodbye.

I turned to look at the hotel in front of me.

I took a few breaths, trying to give myself a pep talk, before I walked into the hotel building.

I headed towards the reception desk. My interview with the client, Jesse, was at the Hotel of Janboin Botanique. I smiled at her.

"Hi, I'm Ben Armstrong. I'm here to interview Jesse Hutcherman, I should be on the list of people allowed in the room. Can you please tell me where his room is?" I said to the lady.

She smiled at me and said, "Sure hun but let me give the room a call just to make sure that he is inspecting you right now, okay?"

I nodded my head. "Yes that's fine." I said.

I understand why she had to check; it's better to be safe after all, especially with all the crazy things happening.

"You may go to room 207, have a lovely day Mr. Armstrong." She said.

"Thank you, you as well Ma'am." I said, nodding my head to her as I turned to walk towards the elevator.

"What a nice looking young man." I heard her say as I walked away.

Entering the elevator, I decided to look at my reflection, wondering what the woman had seen.

I didn't think I was nice-looking. I've heard people say this about me before, among other things, but it was something that I never noticed myself or gave too much attention to. I looked at my reflection; I had blue eyes and reddish-blonde hair.

I've heard people mention that I should do modeling instead of journalism. But being a journalist fits me well. I didn't have a specific category I would stick to; I liked covering any category and story.

I walked out of the elevator and headed towards the room. "Room 204, 205, 206, 207 there we go room 207." I knocked three times on the door. I heard someone yell out, "Come in!"

A deep voice. For some reason, I found myself not able to move.

It was a pleasant voice, and I had no idea why I was still standing in front of the hotel door, thinking about this man's voice.