Chapter 4 He's Different

Chapter 4 He's different.

BEN POV

We were walking around the city now; we decided to take an Uber to stop from place to place without worrying about where we parked.

Jesse surprised me with his energy, as he had questions about everything. Jesse asked questions as we toured the city, from the landscapes and historical monuments to the new constructions. He wanted to know about it all. Jesse wanted to know every single detail. It was as if he was a kid on a field trip.

How did I get stuck doing this? I don't remember how, but I didn't mind. Seeing a football player's face get excited just from me telling him about things in the city was funny.

"You know Jesse for a football player; you sure don't act like one." I mentioned as we continued our walk.

He looked at me and started laughing.

"Oh, really Ben? How is a football player supposed to act?" He asked with a raised brow.

I gave him a confused look as if it wasn't obvious.

"Like jocks," I said in a low tone; it was no surprise that football players were known to be jocks.

I have never heard about a football player with a dork side or a real dork side.

He stopped walking and stared at me as if to say, 'Are you serious?'

"Wow Ben, isn't that high school mentallity." Jesse said with a look of humor on his face.

I shook my head sure some of it was from experience dealing with stuff in high school, but that doesn't mean that the statement doesn't somehow hold.

"Nope," I said, making sure I popped the P and kept walking. He started walking again just to keep up with me.

"How were you like in high school? Since I'm the jock." Jesse asked, catching up to me.

How was I in high school? I didn't even want to answer that question.

I didn't have a good time in high school and hated remembering anything related to that time.

He stopped; I continued walking and realized that Jesse was no longer following close behind me.

When I turned around, I found him still standing and not moving.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked him

"Not until you tell me which kid you were in high school," he said, with a serious, determined look on his face.

I shook my head as I looked at the stubborn football player.

He was definitely a jock.

"I was an outcast," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

I continued walking away but heard footsteps behind me; Jesse took hold of my arm and pulled me gently towards him.

"What do you mean you were an outcast?" he asked.

Staring at me, I could only think about this hand still holding onto my arm.

"I was an outcast, had no friends. Never did, spoke to no one, had everyone thinking what was up with me. I was a loner and still am. It wasn't something that I minded though, it was what it was." I said, removing my arm from his hold.

This conversation was heading a way I didn't want it to.

"Ben.... surely you had someone?" Jesse asked, still staring at me.

"No Jesse, I honestly had no one in high school. No one bother getting to know me. No one bother caring for me or being in my life I had no one. Maybe it was meant to be like that. I ended up being okay, I mean we all have our issues here and there, but I'm still fine." I said, wanting to avoid the conversation more now.

I sounded so freaking sad saying that out loud; I didn't feel sad, but the way Jesse was staring at me made me feel like what I was saying was something pathetic.

I felt him grab me by the side and turn me around. Why was he doing all of this?

This guy is very touchy. Was this a football player thing? To be this touchy, especially with someone you just met?

He didn't say anything; a minute or two passed, and Jesse still didn't speak.

I still haven't made direct eye contact with him, but his not saying anything or moving bothered me.

"Jesse, let's keep doing this tour, okay? We're wasting time," I said to him, my tone serious. Whatever he was doing was wasting both our time.

"Would you let me be that person?" Jesse asked.

Huh? What? What is he talking about?

"What?" I asked out loud.

"Would you let me be that person?" He asked in a gentle tone.

I looked up at him, making eye contact to find a raw look on his face.

I didn't know what to say; how Jesse stared made me squirm.

"What are you even talking about?" I asked, sounding breathless. What was wrong with me? Why does this guy get me this way?

"Let me in your life, I want to be in it." He said, pulling me into a hug.

Did he forget that we were out in about?

I was going to say something until I felt his heartbeat against his chest.

He's hugging me; he says he wants to be in my life.

What is it that this guy wants? And why do I like it this much?

*******Kassandra Speaks*******

Aw, things get cute things get cute,

I love Jesse's personality and was so surprised I wrote about him. I'm so proud of myself; they're all my children.

Something juicy happens in the next chapter, but let's ask the important questions, shall we? Will Ben let Jesse in?

Is Jesse even straight?

Why does Ben think all football players are the same? Does he have something against them?

In the meantime, Vote, Comment, and Follow. Thanks, Dolls.