CH: 22 I'm staying

CH: 22 I'm staying

(Jesse POV)

I know it took a lot for Ben to open up to me like he did, and I couldn't blame him.

I sat up with him, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you for telling me this, I know it took a lot for you to," I said, kissing his forehead.

"Did you ever find out about the other girl? The one she was looking into adopting as well?" I asked him. Ben shook his head, saying no.

I could look into it for him if he wanted to contact her; I held that thought in my head and made a note to bring it up later.

For now, I just held Ben in my arms and rubbed his back, hoping it would soothe him, I didn't know what kind of past Ben had, but I can say that I didn't think it would be this bad.

I can't imagine the abuse he's gone through, and just the thought of it made me feel horrible.

Nothing like this is ever going to happen to him again.

I ran my fingers through Ben's hair and cuddled him even closer.

When did I become this sweet? I found myself wanting to do so many lovely things to this man.

I wanted to make him feel like he was always on cloud nine.

"Do you want something to eat, baby?" I said, kissing his forehead.

"I can make you something, or we can order takeout," I said.

Ben sniffed and lifted his head; my heart tightened as soon as I saw his face.

"Gosh, baby," I said, kissing his lips.

"I'm sorry you didn't have to tell me, I hope I didn't force you to," I said, feeling guilty. Ben shook his head.

"No I wanted to, and I'm okay with takeout." He said, smiling sadly.

"I meant what I said, Ben, I am serious about us and want to be in your life long-term. I promise." I said to him, rubbing my hand on his cheek.

"I might get annoying though," I said, causing him to laugh.

"I don't think I'll find you annoying." He said.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm going to want your attention every day. I want to talk to you every day and hear from you. I'm going to want to be around you a lot." I said softly; this was something I was a little insecure about. I didn't want to be overbearing or someone that got annoying. Especially knowing that I really like Ben and want to do all these things with him.

"Yes, I am sure. I would like all of that and would have no issue with any of it," he said, staring at me.

"Good. So what would my baby like to eat?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

"We can order anything you want," I said, kissing his lips.

"We can order Chinese." He said, kissing me back.

"Yeah, we can do that. Let's see if we can find a good place nearby." I said, taking out my phone.

"Do you want to borrow some of my comfortable clothes?" I asked him, and a blush appeared on Ben's face.

"If you don't mind." He said.

I held back a laugh.

"Yes, we both should change and I don't mind at all. I'm actually looking forward to seeing you in my clothes." I said, standing up with him in my arms.