Chapter 3 is this a date?

Chapter 3: is this a date?

Ben Pov

"You okay?" he asked me as I gazed at him.

He asked if I was okay.

No, I was not okay.

I was trying to hold back and control all the emotions right now that were running through my body.

This was hard; I was a man, a gay man who had never felt or been attracted to anyone like this before, until him.

So, no, I was not okay. But I needed to be okay to get through this day. I need to be nice and friendly so everything can return to how it was before.

"Yeah I'm fine just didn't think you would be here so soon."

I said, avoiding his eyes and looking back at the clock. At 1:25 p.m., I turned around to find him smiling; I felt confused about why he kept staring at me and smiling.

My eyes widened when I realized I didn't invite him in.

"Do you want to come in until it's time to leave?" I said to him.

Jesse nodded, and I moved away from the door to let him in.

"Nice place you got here; it looks comfy," he said, smiling.

Jesse walked to the couch and sat down, still with a smile on his face. He placed the bag of food he was holding on the coffee table.

"Sure make yourself at home, Jesse," I said teasingly, taking even myself off guard.

I was not someone who normally behaved like that. I closed the front door and walked further into where Jesse sat.

"Can I get you anything? It's the least I can do from what you did for me yesterday—giving me food and stuff." I said, not knowing what to say.

"Haha, you're funny, yeah. If you don't mind, I'm kind of hungry. I would like a sandwich and a glass of juice." He said, playfully looking at the food bag on the coffee table.

I didn't know how long I stood there staring at him, and I don't know which one got me the most.

Jesse is laughing at my lame joke or giving me that smile that has my heart beating.

"You want me to make you a sandwich?" I asked him, shaking my head and heading towards my kitchen after grabbing the bag of food he brought in off the coffee table.

"Yes, please! Can I watch some TV also? Since you told me to make myself at home," he said with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, letting him know it was fine.

I took some of the food out of the containers and placed them on the plates I took out. I realized that I was smiling.

What's going on with me? Why am I even smiling like this?

I am in my kitchen, preparing a plate of food for myself and this football player I met yesterday for the first time. Who happens to be sitting down and watching TV in my living room.

Yet, I didn't mind doing this because I wanted to, and the strange thing is I had a feeling that made me feel that I could see myself doing this more often.

This shocked me. I shook my thoughts away and braced myself to appear in front of Jesse again.

After putting the food on the plate, I went to the fridge and grabbed a gallon of apple juice to pour into each cup.

I placed it back in the fridge, took a straw from my straw cup, and put it in the cup of juice. I grabbed the plate with the sandwich, grabbed the cup, and started heading towards the living room.