CH. 20 Acceptance is Nice

CH. 20 Acceptance is nice

(Ben POV)

Amber and I were talking. Initially nervous, but her personality and how she spoke to me put me at ease.

She was one of those people whose voice and personality made you feel comfortable; how she stared at you as she spoke made you feel like you mattered.

I felt all nervousness leave my body as she continued to tell me childhood stories about Jesse, which made me laugh quite a bit.

"Yeah, so he's a knucklehead. I am glad you're handling that well," she said, smiling.

"Yeah, he's a good guy," I said; she raised a brow.

"Yes he is, so tell me about yourself. Only if you're comfortable about telling me things, you don't have to. I just want to get to know you better that's all, you're dating my best friend after all." She said, and I nodded my head.

That was understandable.

"Sure, Uh. I'll try to answer your questions, but if I can't, I'll tell you." I said, and she nodded her head.

"Okay, that's okay. Let's see. Do you like your job?" she asked me.

"Yes, I started off as an intern but immediately got hired after my internship while others didn't. I guess the boss saw potential in me," I said.

"That's a good thing, Ben. That means you're really good. It takes a lot for someone to take you in and let you part of their business, especially when they saw the potential in you through your internship." She said, smiling.

I felt my face getting hot. I was still getting used to being praised in specific ways.

"Awe, you're cute. Okay, next question. Do you have any friends at work or outside of work?" She asked me if I thought of Lilian and mentioned her to Amber.

Amber asked me a couple of more questions, not too serious ones that would have me feeling uncomfortable.

I didn't like talking about my childhood. It wasn't the best, and I wanted to avoid discussing it.

Discussing it would instantly shift the mood, and I didn't want that.

Amber seems really cool, and I liked her. I didn't want either of us to feel uncomfortable.

"Hey, you two, getting to know each other?" Jesse came to the living room with a tray filled with snacks.

"Yes, honestly, Ben is a sweetheart. You're a lucky dude. Now, bring the snacks here. I'm trying to snack myself away," Amber said, getting a laugh from Jesse.

He passed her the snack tray.

Sitting next to me, pulling me into his arms.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Jesse asked, kissing my head.

Amber shrugged her shoulder; it surprised me how she took this so casually.

I mean, most people would look at us in shock, especially if they knew someone like Jesse, who they thought was a heterosexual, suddenly was dating this man.

But Amber acted like it was nothing and kept eating the snacks.

"I wanted to go view the city, you know, take it all in since I'm on break. I don't know, maybe meet someone or something," she said.

"You can come to hang out with me and my friend Lilian tomorrow; she's doing something in the city," I said; her eyes widened.

"Sure if you don't mind," she said, I shook my head, saying it was fine.

"Um, am I invited too?" Jesse asked.

I giggled, "Of course." We sat there, talking about anything, really, and I quite enjoyed it.

I liked Amber's personality, and I could already tell that I would get along with her.

It surprised me how someone could just come into my life and have me actually open myself to opportunities that I would have never found myself doing or even thinking about.

There was no way I would quickly have spoken to someone as I did with Amber today.

I didn't like putting myself out there, and it didn't matter if it was just regarding friendship, either.

That's just how I was.

Amber, later on, left and went to her own hotel room.

It was me and Jesse now.

"So, how was your day?" He asked me, pulling myself closer to him.

I told him about my day, including the staring I got today.

He looked at me concerned.

"Okay, I'm getting worried now. What's his problem, there has to be something going on with that dude." Jesse said, and I sighed.

I cuddled closer into his arms, loving how his scent filled my nose.

He always smelled so amazing.

"I know but he hasn't done anything to me, so that's saying something," I said, Jesse suddenly tightened his arms around me.

"We're not waiting for him to do something, no. Please promise me that you will talk to your boss about this the next time you go to work. This is serious Ben, we don't know what's in his thoughts or heart. You don't know what he's capable of." He said, and I nodded my head, understanding what he meant.

He was right; the staring could mean many things, and I would take this seriously.

"Okay, I'll talk to my boss the next time I go to work. I promise." I said.

He turned us around so he was on top of me.

He looked down at me and smiled.

"That's Good, so I'm going to tell my Mother about you tomorrow," he said, taking me off guard.

I stared at him, stunned.

"Are you sure you're ready to?" I asked him, concerned that he might regret something later.

"Yes, of course. I'm serious about you after all. So yes, I am ready to tell my mom that I got into a serious relationship with someone who I happen to be very serious about." He said, causing me to roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Okay, Jesse. Okay." I said; a smirk appeared on his face, and he pressed his lips against mine.

The warmth I felt when Jesse kissed me was something I wanted to experience for a very long time.

After he was done kissing me, he looked down at me with a gentle look.

"Can.... can we learn more about each other?" I asked him, his eyes widened.

"I want us to just learn more about each other regarding anything and everything," I said.

"Of course Baby, you can tell me anything. I'll be here, I promise." He said.

Jesse's words made me want to open up to him about certain things that I didn't think I would open up to anyone about.

"Okay... well, here's the story." I started to say to him.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Jesse makes Ben want to open up about himself, especially to him.

Have you ever met someone who makes you feel like you can tell them anything, and that leaves you feeling good about having that person in your life, also knowing that they'll still be there after you tell them what you have to say to them.

That's how Ben feels about Jesse.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu