CH. 15 We're Dating

CH. 15 We're Dating.

(Ben POV)

I was sitting behind my desk doing work when I felt someone's eyes on me. I planned to avoid it, but I dared myself to look up.

When I looked up, I made eye contact with Derrick; he looked taken off guard that I actually made eye contact with him.

I lowered my head and returned to work, not overthinking, mainly because I didn't care.

He was talking crap about me behind my back the other day with Lucas anyway.

All these Journalists here made it seem like I didn't work my ass off to get here where I was; I didn't get anything handed to me at all whatsoever.

I wasn't the type to drag things out, so I let it go after talking to Jesse about it yesterday.

People are going to hate you regarding anything sometimes. They will find something they don't like about you and might even try to make you feel bad about it.

I won't feel wrong about me doing my job, about me doing something that I can actually do.

It wasn't my fault they weren't working as hard as me. They needed to be working on improving themselves.

Everything I do is for myself; everything I work on is for myself. I do everything for me.

As I was working, I thought about what happened last night and couldn't stop smiling.

My face heated, recalling last night's memories and how Jesse had kissed and made me feel.

This was something that I wasn't used to, but I definitely didn't mind it.

I like having Jesse in my life, and I look forward to seeing him as much as possible.

The fact that he prepared dinner for us yesterday and the meal he made was delicious.

"Woah, is that a smile." I looked up to find Lilian holding two cups of coffee.

She smiled and placed coffee in front of me.

Oh, I so needed this coffee.

I smiled back at her, showing my appreciation for her bringing me coffee.

"Thank you. I really needed this," I said. Lilian laughed, nodding her head in agreement.

"Yeah, I know what you mean; it's nice to see a smile on your face." She said, and my smile widened.

"Something good must have happened, huh?" I nodded, and she smiled.

"Good, I'm glad. What are you working on?" Lilianshe asked me as I sipped my coffee before speaking.

"I'm writing an article about the elections and the movements that are going on," I said, an interested look appeared on her face.

"That is driving me crazy; the whole politics thing is driving me mad," she said, I nodded, agreeing with her. It has been a messy election time, indeed.

She took a sip of her coffee, turned around, glanced at something, and then turned back to look at me.

Bringing a chair to sit next to me, she lowered her head on her hand and spoke.

"Um, I think Derrick has been stealing looks at you," Lilian said.

"I noticed that he was looking at me earlier, but I have no idea why. I'm paying him no attention, though," I said, humming as Lilian tapped her fingers on the desk.

"I'm literally trying my best not to ask him what he's looking at. I'm trying to be nice today," Lilian said, causing me to laugh.

"Is that so?" I asked; a smirk appeared as she rolled her eyes.