CH. 14 Baby I got you

CH.14 Baby, I got you.

(Jesse POV)

I was in the hotel room, making dinner. Why, you ask? Because Ben is coming over, we'll spend the night eating, talking, and watching movies. It would be a good night, and I look forward to it.

I couldn't wait for Ben to come over so we could talk and for him to tell me about his day.

Even though I saw him yesterday, I wasn't joking when I said I missed his presence.

I placed some food on the table and smiled at the setup.

I was okay with getting used to or doing this all the time.

I had our movie options picked out already, and dessert was in the oven.

Shit, maybe I should play some music also?

I went to my laptop, connected the speakers, and played Italian music.

I went to pull the dessert out of the oven when a knock came from the door.

I yelled, saying I was coming, putting the red velvet cake on the kitchen counter, and headed towards the front door.

I looked through the peephole and couldn't stop smiling as I saw Ben standing on the other side.

"Hello, Beautiful," I said, opening the door and getting a small chuckle from Ben.

I moved aside to let him in, checking him out as he walked in.

Does he know that he looks good?

Does he know that he's a very handsome man? I should let him know that.

I closed the door and pulled Ben into my arms, resting my head on his shoulder.

"You look very handsome, and Mmm, you smell good too," I said, kissing his cheek.

He pulled out of my arms and turned to face me; a hint of blush was seen on his cheek.

"Do I?" He asked, and I nodded my head.

"Yes, baby you do," I said, noticing his face getting redder.

He looked around, smiling.

"Music playing, candle lights, and food on the table that smells really good. Wow, you went all out, I see." He said softly, looking shyly around, but I could tell by the look on his face that he was delighted.

"Of course I did. I wanted to do this for you today. Now have a seat," I said, taking Ben's hand and bringing him to a chair. I pulled it out for him, and he sat down.

I sat in front of him, smiling.

"Let's start eating and talking," I said, Ben chuckled with an amused look.

"Okay," he said, taking a bite of the food. I let him take the first bite because I wanted to know his thoughts. I watched as his eyes widened.

"This is really good." He said, causing me to smile.

Feeling happy with my hard work.

"Good, I'm glad you like it. Now, how was your day?" I asked him, taking a bite of my food, too.

He talked about his day, explaining what happened earlier, with co-workers talking behind his back in the break room, and that only one co-worker stood up for him.

I shook my head.

"Those assholes are lowkey jealous. don't let them get to you and I'm glad that someone spoke against them. I can tell that you take your job very seriousily, it's something that you've worked hard on and seem to continue to work hard on. That is definitely amazing and something to be proud of, of course, you're going to have haters and people trying to bring you down. It's okay, it's something that's sadly common in every field." I said truthfully.