CH. 19 I like him too

CH. 19 I like him too!

(Jesse POV)

There was a knock on the hotel door, and I already knew who it was.

I smiled as I opened the door.

"I'm here!" Amber said, throwing her hands up.

I let out a laugh and shook my head at my best friend.

"I can see that and I can hear that," I said, causing her to roll her eyes.

"So where is he? Where are you hiding him?" Amber asked.

"Who? My boyfriend isn't here yet. He'll be here soon, though," I said, watching Amber's facial reaction change.

"Oh, Boyfriend, huh? I see, I see you," she said, causing me to chuckle shyly.

"Yeah, I never thought I would ever say something like that but here we are," I said, walking towards the living room in the suite.

I sat on the couch.

Amber dropped her stuff on the floor and made her way towards me.

"Have you told the gang yet?" she asked me. The gang is what she calls my family.

"No. I actually haven't." I said; she nodded her head slowly.

"They'll be okay with it, so what's he like?" Amber asked.

For some reason, I found myself excited to describe how Ben was.

"Awww, he sounds so cute. I like it, by the way, you were describing it I can see you're falling hard for him." Amber said, I thought about what she said and nodded.

"You're right, I am," I said, her smile widening.

"Will you be able to handle it though?" She asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, and she let out a sigh.

"Jesse, you're a football player. Who's dating a guy, I hate to be the one to say it but some people are jerks, some football players are jerks and they might give you a hard time." She said, and I nodded my head.

"Well, they can learn to deal with it. I know some people are going to have an issue with it, and that isn't my problem. I don't care what they think. The only person I care about and the only person's feelings I take into consideration with this whole thing is Ben," I said.

Amber clapped her hands, letting out a squeal.

"The fact that you didn't even want to do the interview," she said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I basically hooked you both up." She said, laughing.

I shook my head at her silliness.

"Seriously though, I mean are you just interested in him or knew you were interested in men?" She asked me.

"No, I'm just interested in him, and to be quite honest, I find everything about him sexy," I said, feeling my cheeks get heated.

"Woah, woah, woah there buddy. Calm down, calm down." Amber said, fanning me with both of her hands.

I let out a laugh.

"So how are you?" I asked her, and she shrugged.

"You know just dealing with questions for you, you extended your stay and people wanted to know where you were and how you're doing. The season is going to start in a couple of months and you'll have to report back by next month so you can practice with your team." She said.

"Yeah, I'm going to tell them when I get back for practice," I said, referring to dating a man.

"Are you sure?" She asked me, and I nodded my head.

"I don't know how I'm going to tell them but I'll think about how it will be done and said. I don't want them finding out by the press, especially if Ben and I are caught by the press and exposed all over the news. You know what I mean?" I said. She smiled.

"Yeah, I respect that. Gosh, you must be really serious about this." She said, placing her hand on her chest.

"I am serious, I mean you've been with me through all my relationships and you know I haven't been serious with anyone like I'm serious with this person this soon ahead," I said.

"I can't wait to meet him! Do you think he'll like me?" she asked.

"I don't see why not, I've told him about you already and told him how you're so he doesn't get spooked or anything. So I'm sure he'll like you but of course, you would have to make a good impression on him and be respectful of the way he is. He is quite shy and I'm starting to be extremely overprotective of him." I said with a severe tone added to my voice.

"Woah, did something happen already?" She asked me.

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, he's been having problems with these dudes at work but one of them has been creeping him out lately," I said, explaining to her the story.

"What a bunch of douchebags." She said, and I agreed.

People were real assholes.

"Does he have anyone at work?" she asked, and I nodded my head, explaining to her that his boss was quite nice to him and that he had a coworker who had become a new friend to him.

"That's nice of her, honestly. He sounds like someone I will adore and maybe I might even act a little overprotective over him too. Who knows." She said, making my heart leap to see how accepting my best friend was with all of this.

She is honestly a good person.

"You know you're a great best friend right?" I asked her, and she nodded her head, laughing.

"Yes, I know." She said.

A knock came from the door, and I got up and walked towards it.

I opened the door and saw Ben.

I smiled at him.

"Hey there, handsome," I said, getting a smile from him.

I moved aside so he could come in.

I closed the door and decided to introduce him to Amber.

"Ben, this is my crazy best friend Amber, who's also my agent, which I've told you about. Amber, this is Ben, my boyfriend." I said, watching Ben's eyes widen, but smiled towards Amber anyway.

He has to get used to being called boyfriend because that was what he was.

My boyfriend.

"Nice to meet you," Amber said, giving him a hug. I was surprised that Ben hugged her back, smiling.

"Nice to meet you, too. I've heard a lot about you," he said.

"Good things, I know." She said, causing Ben to chuckle.

"You two sit, go sit. I'll go get us some snacks." I said, leaving my best friend and boyfriend together.

I smiled as I watched Amber talk to Ben. Ben was smiling, and all nervousness had left his body; I could tell he was starting to relax, which made me happy.

I felt proud.

I am proud of my best friend for being the sweetest person ever and even more proud of my boyfriend, who I can see slowly coming out of his shell.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Of course, when you start dating someone and build their confidence, you see that they begin to bloom and grow into the beautiful person that you know they are. I'm positive that is how Jesse feels about Ben. I love how excellent Amber is about Jesse and Ben dating. She's so supportive.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu