CH. 7 Who would have thought

(Jesse POV)

I was surprised a lot today by many things.

One of them was what I was doing now; I was on the couch watching anime with another guy.

I enjoy watching anime, and this is the first time I have encountered someone who enjoys it as much as I do now.

Who would have thought that Jesse Hutcherman was intrigued by another man and was watching anime with him?

I turned to look at Ben sitting next to me on the couch.

We were watching an anime called Death Note, and I was trying to understand the plot and the concept of the anime while watching it.

"So, if he writes the name of a person name in the book, they die?" I asked Ben, trying to get an answer to my confusion.

"Yes. The person whose name he writes in the book dies as soon as he finishes writing their name." Ben said, eyes glued to the T.V. screen.

"How the hell do they die anyway?" I asked Ben again, who turned his attention back to me.

"The book is basically an evil demon book from hell, Jesse, so it's powered and basically causes the death of whoever name is written in it," Ben said.

"I'm also trying not to give you spoils on certain stuff." He said, causing me to run my eyes playfully.

I knew Ben was picking up on the fact that I craved getting spoiler alerts here and there, and he was unwilling to give me any.

"You think this anime is dumb don't you?" Ben asked me with a smirk.

I laughed at the look on his face.

"No, I just really like spoilers that's the only reason why I am asking so many questions.." I said.

"Yeah, I can tell." He said with a goofy look on his face.

"Did you want to pause watching Death Note and pick an anime? One I haven't seen but you have?" He asked me, pausing the episode we were on.

"No, we don't have to. It's okay." I said, not wanting him to stop watching an anime he enjoys.

"No, it's alright with me, it's an anime I've already watched and I am interested to see what kind of anime you'll pick for us to watch together." He said, giving me a challenging look.

Ben handed me the remote, and I took it from him, smiling.

I teased him about picking the best anime that would blow his mind.

He playfully rolled his eyes at that and scoffed. It was as if there was no way I could beat him with that.

I liked our little teasing, which meant we were getting comfortable with each other.

As I went through different options, I picked the one I knew would have him hooked.

"Attack on Titan," I said out loud, turning my head to stare at Ben to see if he approved.

He raised a brow at me. "I've never watched it, but I've read that it's pretty interesting. So why not?" he said, facing the T.V. again.

"Oh yeah, it's interesting, alright," I said, knowing that I had been watching the series and reading the manga. Attack on Titan is a show you have to prepare to watch. That's for sure, but I was interested to see what he would think of it.

I honestly had many things going through my mind at that very moment

I already knew I was falling for him; it was apparent that I was.