CH. 11 Bye for now

Ch. 11 Bye for now

(Jesse POV)

It eventually came when I had to say goodbye and goodnight to Ben. Well, for now, that is. I spent the whole day with Ben; I enjoyed it too, but now that I was standing in front of the front door to his condo, I stood there staring at him as I was getting ready to leave.

That's when I realized I didn't want to leave but would have to.

I had to get him to trust me, but for some reason, I wanted to stay longer; I wanted to spend the night, not sleeping together or having sex, just being with him. Something told me Ben wasn't the type of person to even sleep around or was able to trust someone easily.

Which was definitely something that I liked.

"Well, I guess this is a bye for now," I said lamely, receiving a smile from him.

He honestly had those types of smiles that anyone would want to be the cause of.

Again, I wish the day had been longer somehow.

"Did you get yourself a uber?" He asked me, and I nodded my head.

"Trying to kick me out already?" I said jokily, but his eyes widened with a tint of blush added to his cheeks.

"No, of course not. I was just making sure you had a ride, that's all. Honestly, I enjoyed the day we had," he finished shyly.

"That's great, I hope you never get sick and tired of me. You're stuck with me. I should get going, the uber is here." I said.

"Do you want me to walk you out?" He asked me, and I shook my head, smiling.

"If you walk me out, I'm going to want you to get in the cab with me, so it's better if you just stay here," I said, noticing his red face.

"Okay, well, bye for now then," he said awkwardly. I held back a smile, not wanting to overly tease him.

"Trust me, when I head back to the hotel I am going to face time you. It'll feel like I never left in the first place." I said to him with a goofy smile.

I quickly gave him a peck on his lips before pulling back.

"I'll talk to you later," I said, opening his front door and exiting.

Why was that the hardest thing for me to do? Especially towards someone I just met?

I walked out of the building and got in the Uber that was waiting for me.

The Uber driver's eyes widened, probably from realizing who I was. Of course, he asked for an autograph. I didn't mind, signed it, and spoke to him during the drive.

I signed some things for him and also took a picture with him. During the drive, I asked the Uber driver about the area, stuff he recommended for fun, and sights to see. I noted everything we discussed and was brainstorming ideas for Ben and me on the next date.

I asked the Uber driver if he wanted to be my driver while I was in town, as I liked his personality. He immediately accepted and gave me his card.

He dropped me off in front of the hotel, and I waved goodbye to him as I entered the building.

As soon as I got in, I texted my agent, Amber, letting her know I needed to talk to her as quickly as possible.

When I got to my suite, Amber was already calling me.

Not only was Amber my agent, but she was also my best friend and a person I could trust with anything. I needed to tell her about what had already happened and how I was interested in someone. Although I know I wouldn't tell her everything now, giving some details is safe.