Prologue

PSA: THE REVISED VERSION OF VIOLET SHADOWS IS OUT! JUST CHECK MY PROFILE FOR "VIOLET SHADOWS (FFVII)" FOR A VERSION THAT I EDITTED FOUR YEARS AFTER WRITING THE ORIGINAL. 

OTHERWISE, CONTINUE WITH YOUR JOURNEY THROUGH THE MIND OF A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL TRYING TO DABBLE IN MORE "SERIOUS WRITING"

I SWEAR VINCENT TOOK EVERY DRUG POSSIBLE AND THEN APPEARED IN THIS STORY. JUST WAIT- YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN EVENTUALLY.

I shake my head at my sister's silly choice and sigh.

"Lucy, I really don't think it's smart. This is a baby we're talking about here. And a creepy scientist."

"Hojo isn't creepy," she defends. "He just enjoys his work."

"And what about Valentine?" She cringes and looks at the library doorway to see if our depressed bodyguard is anywhere to be found. I can't believe Lucretia would just ditch him for Hojo. He's way better looking than that weirdo. But I guess that's just the way scientists are. Obsessed with their findings and their work.

"He'll be fine," she answers quietly. "What could go wrong besides a little moping?"

"Loads of things with your child," I mutter. She sighs and goes back to reading.

"I really wish you wouldn't worry so much."

"He's my nephew!"

"Hush, Violet! You're so loud!" I scoff and stand.

"Right, well I'm gonna go walk around I guess. I'm getting a little restless."

"Have fun."

I roll my eyes and leave the Shinra Mansion library, walking down the halls boredly. I don't even see a person before I crash into them.

"Oh! Sorry Mr. Valentine! I swear I didn't see you there!"

"It's fine," the dark haired Turk shakes his head. The he hesitates. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Sure," I shrug. Let's just hope he doesn't have orders to kill me. He nods and walks toward the closest room, the one with the piano.

"It's Lucrecia," he finally mutters. "She knows messing with Hojo isn't a good idea, right?"

"Oh no, she thinks Nerdy Boy's a real hottie," I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Lovely," he grumbles under his breath. "And you've tried to convince her otherwise?"

"What haven't I tried to convince her of?"

"Right," he nods, looking solemnly out the window. "Perhaps... Maybe there's a way to convince Hojo not to continue?"

"That'll be hard," I groan. "His such an idiot."

"No. A genius, just a messed up one."

"Fine, whatever you say. Hey, maybe I could let him have me instead of her for his testing stuff?"

"I don't think that's wise," he frowns at me.

"Neither am I," I shrug. "Let me at least try. It's for Lucrecia, remember?"

"Yes," he says, still frowning. I nod and hurry down to the lab. Please let little Sephiroth be okay.

~|~|~|~|~

"You promised you'd let her be if I stayed!" I shriek at Hojo as he simply sneers.

"I lied. I can't turn down an opportunity like this, I'm afraid."

"Opportunity?! You're destroying your own child!"

"Not destroying," he smirks. "Strengthening."

"You sick little..." I lunge at him, but his hand catches my throat and clenches.

"I don't think you want to do that," he taunts. "Time for experiment number fifty three?"

~|~|~|~|~

"Valentine's dead," Hojo announces. I glare at him, restrained to the metal table he conducts his works on.

"You're a horrible person."

"So I've been told," he fiddles with a needle. "But no worries. Your pathetic sister tried to save him with demon cells. He turned into the very beast that killed his own father, and has slipped into a deep coma. I wonder what would happen if in created another creature... And put it in you?"

"Don't you dare stick that in me!" I scream as he approaches with the needle full of pitch black liquid. It burns so horribly when he injects it, I end up screaming every name I know.

"VINCENT! LUCRECIA! TSENG!"

"Shh, you'll be fine," Hojo sneers. "Now please welcome to your soul, Shadow."

~|~|~|~|~

"You're free to go," Hojo opens the door. "Leave. There's nothing left on you for me."

"This has to be a trick," I narrow my eyes on him. But my nose twitches at the first smell of fresh air in three years. I wonder whatever happened to Lucy and Vincent.

"It's not. Now be gone before so shoot you." I clench my jaw and step out into the world. Freedom.

Does that mean I am free to come and go?

No.

Shadow shrieks inside my head, a pain so intense that I fall to my knees and grab my head. I can already feel my hair growing longer, reaching just past my ribcage, the thick leather armor of the beast inside replacing my tattered clothes. My eyes changed to a brilliant shade of purple to match my name and my nails grow into five in long talons. The hood of her dark clothing falls off her head as she looks up with a menacing smirk.

"Freedom indeed."

And thus begin my thirty years of torture, my memories of Hojo haunting me all the way through.

THOSE WERE JUST A FEW SCENES TO HELP YOU GET A BETTER VIEW OF THE OC IN THIS STORY. SHE WON'T BROOD 24/7 LIKE VINCENT, I PROMISE ;)

PS, SHE'S INSPIRED BY STELLA NOX FLEURET FROM FFXV