26) Advent Children-2

"I did," I say, crossing my arms. "And now I'm here. Why do you want me away so bad?"

"It is not as you make it seem," he shakes his head. "I merely want you to be safe."

"Yeah, and me living on a dirty Edge street with a dirty dog is safe?" I roll my eyes. "Yeah right."

"Why did you not stay with Tifa?"

"You know we can't stand each other, Vincent," I scoff. "Heck, she wanted me to pay stay in the room, and when I offered to work for her instead, she said no!" Vincent shakes his head and walks toward the water's edge, sitting down on the grass.

"I could see why she doesn't want you in the kitchen."

"Like you can cook," I defend, sitting beside him.

"I'm alright."

"Really? Then make me something, right here, right now." He huffs in amusement and studies the surface of the water, contemplating a response. Then his hand reaches down and plucks a bad of grass, laying it on my leg.

"Salad." I burst out laughing and lay my head on his shoulder.

"But seriously, why are you avoiding me all of a sudden?"

"I wasn't, I could not get PHS connection."

"For three months?" I say in disbelief. "Stop lying. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You're as bad as a teenage girl. Now tell me."

"Violet, there is nothing wrong," he says firmly with a sigh, probably wanting to shake me.

"Fine," I stand, stretching my arms over my head. "Don't tell me then. How long do I have to stay in Midgar?"

"... Until your Geostigma has been healed, I would..."

"Oh, so I'm gonna be stuck there forever?" I stop him, frowning. "That's nice to know." Vincent shake his head and stands.

"Perhaps you should be getting back."

"How kind of you to tell me to leave," I scoff, turning around to leave him behind. He catches my hand and stands, looking exasperated with my attitude.

"Violet, please stop acting like a child. You know that I am only trying to help."

"How? Forcing me to stay away while you brood in some freaking glowing forest?" His hand tightens its grip.

"How do you think I knew so much about the Stigma? I've been trying to figure out a possible way to cure you." I clench my jaw and look down.

Who's the jerk now?

Stop it.

"... Sorry." He shakes his head and pulls me back, where I hug him, head resting against his chest. His gloved hand settles on the back of my head, his claw laying on my back.

"For what?"

"Being a jerk. I just hate feeling like something could happen to you and I'd never know."

"You're the one with the disease," he mumbles. "That is why I sent you away. There are many people in Edge that can help you if you have another.."

"Reno's the only person who's even bothered," I sigh. "And even then, I'm still so lonely." He huffs and holds me closer, warming me through his black leather clothing.

"Violet, I will come back for you once you have been cured. I promise."

"Easy to make that promise."