2) Cid Highwind

SPAZ ATTACK OF SYMBOLS= CID CUSSING

Rocket Town I just as I remember it; calm and quiet. Few people wander the dirt streets, an old man gazing up at the old tilted rocket. Cloud up at the rocket with a look of confusion and wonder on his face.

"A rusty old rocket... Wonder what they'd make something that huge for?"

I shrug and look over at Vincent, his solemn face never changing as he soaks the changes of the world in. Unlike me, he slept for these thirty years, he needs time to realize what's changed and what hasn't. Before this place was Rocket Town, it was Sleeping Oaks, a quiet old town where the people all had funny accents and didn't grow taller than five foot ten. A place no longer existent.

"We should check out the shops," Tifa suggests. "And restock on supplies."

The mountains were hard in everyone else, and I drank a lot of potions to keep Shadow from appearing. I hate the thought of them having to see the vicious demon within. I'm sure they all thought I was addicted to the nasty things or something. They taste like rubber, and are really slimy... Who could be addicted to that?

"Good idea," Cloud agrees. "Yuffie and Violet, come with me. The rest of you buy anything you need within reason. Remember that we're low on gil though."

The rest of Avalanche scatters, leaving the three of us to explore. Cloud heads toward the old man, who smiles at us.

"This used to be a Shinra base where they launched rockets. You saw the leaning rocket, right? That's Shinra No. 26. It never got off the ground though. It just looms there. That's how the town got it's name. Want to look at the rocket with me?"

"Yeah, let's take a look," Cloud shrugs. I sigh and ignore the two, and when we walk away, the only lesson I learn is that staring at rusty objects with old men earns you really long swords. Next he heads toward a house, one that I recognize fairly well. The Captain's. He knocks on the door, but rudely allows himself in to walk right through the house. Well then, sir. I follow him silently. I'd we get caught, I blame Cloud. We go out the back door, where Yuffie bounces excitedly.

"There's a Shinra logo on it... Tiny Bronco... This is cool," Cloud observes.

"I wonder of we can borrow it," I cock my head to the side.

"Um... May I help you?" A woman asks. We all turn to see the same woman I watched grow up with Cid watching us with curiosity, large glasses perched on her nose and a white lab coat pulled around her, making me shudder involuntarily. After all these years... Cloud shrugs.

"No... We were just looking at it."

"If you would like to use it, please ask the Captain. The Captain should be in the rocket. I'm Shera, and what are your names?"

"I'm Cloud."

"Violet," I eye her cautiously. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Yuffie!"

"Hmm, so you're not with the Shinra," Shera looks relieved. "I thought the approval for the reopening of the Space Program came."

"Huh?" Cloud's eyes widen.

"President Rufus is scheduled to come here. The Captain's been so restless all morning."

"Rufus?!" Cloud repeats in alarm as Shera heads inside. We hurry back through the house and toward the rocket, climbing over large cables, a few staircases and a really long ladder before finally finding the entrance with a blonde haired man inside. Cid. He turns and scowls at us, cigarette hanging out of his mouth.