16) Feel Good Drag

UGH, WATTPAD (MOBILE) WON'T LET ME UPLOAD THE SONG I WANTED TO, SO IF YOU WANT TO, TRY TO FIND A WAY TO LISTEN TO "FEEL GOOD DRAG" BY ANBERLIN, CUZ I THINK IT KINDA GOES WITH THE CHAPTER. AND I LOVE IT, SO YEAH. ONTO THE FLASHBACK CHAPTER.

YES. AGAIN. THEY'RE SHORT :)

WARNING: WOE-MAN ABUSE STUFFS AHEAD

~9 years ago~

         There he is. He's drunk again. He's always angry when he's drunk, scary. Mean. And to think he's trying to join the Turks... Reno downs another Cosmo Candle from the supplies he bought at the Cosmo Canyon bar. Stupid drunk.

Why not leave the man already?

I can't.

You're afraid.

That's part of it.

         Bloodshot green eyes wearily look up at me, a negative spark somewhere behind those irises. I think I couldn't stand the loneliness anymore and just found the most attractive guy I could. Bugenhagen definitely doesn't approve, I know that. I don't either. I feel like that Shera woman from Rocket Town, the place I left after Highwind's life long dream was destroyed. I cook, I clean, I nurse over his hangovers, I'm more of a mother than a girlfriend. I keep to myself most of the time while he drinks, only to have to hide after he stares glaring at me like he is now.

"Where'd you put my cigs?" he slurs. I shudder and look down at the floor.

"The drawer."

"The &$-#+% you say?"

"The drawer," I say louder.

"Well you $&#-@% get them, -%+#&*."

          I nod quickly and hurry toward the kitchen, grabbing a carton from his seemingly life time supply and a lighter, setting them before him. He lights two cigarettes, literally throwing one at me before putting the other in between his lips. The lit cancer stick burns my forearm in my rush to the catch it and I wince, silently taking a drag of the gross smoke. I know he'll get mad if I refuse, and getting Reno mad is never smart. Especially not when he's drunk. He puffs out pale smoke and scowls at me again.

"What the #&%-^ is your problem?"

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows at him. He stands and unsteadily walks around the counter slowly. I tense and swallow hard, staring the the marble surface before me. Suddenly, a hand grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks it back so that I'm looking up at him... Upside down. He huffs, the corner of his mouth twitching into a drunken and amused smile.

"Well aren't you a pretty one?"

"Reno, let go," I try to lean forward and untangle his slim fingers, but he just yanks back again.

"Where the #&%-^ do you think you're going?"

"Reno!" I grit my teeth and pull forward, a clump of my blonde hair left in his hand. He chuckles and shakes it off, stumbling back to his glass.