42) Angel (End)

LAST CHAPTER!!! CAN I GET A WHOOT WHOOT? I SWEAR I WILL KILL IF WATTPAD DOESN'T POST THE COLLAGE I TOOK FOREVER TO MAKE FOR THIS CHAPTER... I WILL LICK SOMEONE TO DEATH! OKAY, COME TO THINK OF IT, NO I WON'T. DAZ NASTY...

You know, it's a strange thing attending your own funeral. Everyone's sad because you're 'not there anymore', but you're standing right there. I mean, sure I felt kinda bad when Yuffie went up there to say her 'nice things about Violet' and ran off crying after three words, but I still feel weird. Actually, if want to know where I am, I'm literally right next Vincent, and he doesn't even notice. He's in the very back, all alone and refusing human contact. He's shutting down again, even Cid can tell.

Tifa holds onto a sobbing ninja and Barret sadly stares at my cold body laying in that coffin. What was supposed to be a formal occasion turned into a circus when Avalanche walked in, still fresh out of Deepground fighting and finding Vincent alive and well in Lucrecia's cave. Shera dabs at her eyes, hand resting on Cid while he glares at me. Hey, it's not that decaying person's fault they're dead! Reno's in front of us, clinging to Rude like a woman at a wedding, looking absolutely destroyed. Actually, he looks kinda drunk. No surprise there. Reeve snuggles Cait beside Cloud, who blinks at the dude talking blankly.

Bored and ready to leave at the end of the service, I stand and head toward the door, where Aeris and Zack are waiting happily, Ruka on her right.

"They can see you," Aeris says softly, nodding toward the people behind us. I turn and sure enough, Avalanche is staring at me like they've seen a ghost or- Oh wait... I smirk, making sure to look at each one of them before flicking two fingers off my forehead and blowing a kiss to Vince. My love. His crimson eyes burn into my back as we leave, heading back for the Lifestream. On the way there, I sort through my memories of the past week... They're pretty scattered, so keep up.

"Violet, no!" David yells, frantically searching for a pulse. "Cid! Her heart stopped!"

"Just hang on!" Cid calls back, helping his paramedic down the wall. "Vi?!" He kneels by my side, pressing his fingers to my neck, my wrists, hand over my heart.

"Her injuries are far too immense to brig her back, Captain," the medic announces. David sighs heavily and clings to me tightly, sobs and tears soaking my cold skin.