14) Wrench, Meet My Face

I LOVE PENATONIX! OKAY, RANDOM XD JUST READ! AND HOPEFULLY ENJOY THE AWESOMENESS OF A CAPPELLA...

When we crash into the water, I hold back a yelp and end up crushing Vincent's arm with my fingers.

Well you're jumpy.

"I'm calling Barret to come bring the sub," Cloud says quietly. Something's changed about him.

"Barret?" Cid cringes.

"Everyone I trust to drive it is in here," the younger blonde shrugs. Looking around, I see that he's right, minus me obviously. Water fears, remember? Even in the shower, I twitch and flinch like a cat around a spray bottle.

"Gods, Vincent, you stink," I crinkle my nose.

"You did just empty your stomach all over me."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Captain," Shera says softly once then sub arrives. When did they get that? Cid shakes his head and waves for us all to leave first so that they can talk. I smirk and wink at him, making him roll his eyes and glance at Shera. Then I climb out, accepting Vincent's helping hand as my boot nearly lets me slip into the water. A small splash is enough to make me cringe and wipe it off as fast as possible, Barret chuckling as he watches my reaction.

"What, you the evil witch of the west or somethin'?"

"It's called hydrophobia," I scowl at him. He rolls his eyes and mutters something about trying to make a joke.

"Hojo?" Vincent asks quietly and I nod.

"Water seemed to be his favorite plan of attack, obviously paired with Lightning materia."

"Is that why you won't use materia?" Nanaki asks. Good to see you, friend. I shake my head.

"That's... Something else." I slyly meet Vincent's eyes, which give me a confused look. "You don't remember?" He shakes his head. I groan. "The time David freaked out and you had to keep him from punching me? It was your first day at the mansion."

"Whoa, what kinda boyfriend did you have?" Yuffie says with a look of bewilderment. I ignore her and look at Vincent intently, willing him to remember.

"How could I forget that? I simply do not remember why I was blocking a hit aimed for a random woman." The mischievous look in his eye notes his teasing and Barret chuckles. Then a note of remembrance hits his face. "Mako addicti... Addition," he corrects quickly. I blink at him before me, Barret, and Yuffie start laughing hysterically. He frowns and I shake my head.

"You're terrible at that. And I don't care, it's not like I do that stuff anymore."

"What, Mako shots?" Barret furrows his eyebrows. "I had a cousin who died cuz a that."

"Yeah, well," I shrug. "I'm not that dead. Not like this kid, who was supposed to be dead a few decades ago." I poke Vincent's arm emphasis and Yuffie crinkles her nose.

"Ew, Vinnie! You get sick or something?!" Vincent slyly glances at me with a slight smirk and I blush, looking down at my shoes. Barret gapes at use.

"...How are you even alive right now?"

"Vincent wouldn't shoot me, right?" I lake an on his arm playfully, our moods a lightening by finally being in Avalanche's company again. Vincent raises an eyebrow at me before slowly sliding his gauntletless hand down to his holster. I roll my eyes and rest my chin on his shoulder. "You're terrible at scaring people."