22) Ultimate Weapon

On board the Highwind, I head straight for my room and lock the door. Throwing my weapons in the corner and tossing my cape in the corner, I face plant into my mattress and groan loudly, sounding like a dying moose, or something like that. Maybe just an overweight chocobo or something. Like crud.

I told you that you have no luck with 'crushes'.

Shut up, I'm trying to wallow in my sadness.

I see and feel no tears.

I knew this was coming, somehow.

Someone tries the handle outside, probably wondering if I'm even still here. I'm positive they all saw me jump out, but they probably didn't see my leap back inside. I don't care anymore, they just need to stop making so much noise. The door slides open, but I ignore the person there, my face still buried in the blankets.

"Hey Vi."

"What're you still doing here?" I roll onto my back and lazily watch Cid fish through my closet. "And what're you doing in here?"

"The brat hid all my cigs," he grumbles, closing the door. "So I hid em in here. Hope ya don't mind."

I nod and stare up at the ceiling. What am I supposed to do after we defeat Sephiroth, if we even survive that long? Wander the Planet for eternity? Watch it destroy itself again, only to another group like this that's determined to save the world? Would they lose an important member, a loving friend? Would Shinra be reborn? What if centuries from now, another Avalanche rose up? Would I help them? I don't regret this journey one bit, it's opened my eyes to so much I never would've seen before. You never know when you will see someone last, when science is taken too far, when what the people want isn't the best.

"He left didn't he?"

"Yup."

"His loss," Cid shrugs, lighting up a cigarette. "I don't get it though, not that love and all that mushy @&$+ definitely ain't my forte."

"Speaking of mushy stuff," I sit up. "Go talk to Shera. We don't know if we'll be surviving this, don't you want to at least apologize?"

"I did," he huffs. "After we got back from space."

"Then go again," I roll my eyes. "Honestly, I would just give up on you if was that woman."

"Hey!"

"What? It's the truth," I shrug, standing. "I'll be out on the deck."

"Yer just gonna let him go?"

"What else can I do," I shake my head, leaving the room without my cloak or weapon as I usually would.