25) Advent Children

SORRY IF NONE OF THIS IS EXACT, I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH ADVENT CHILDREN OVER AGAIN, AND I COULDN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE. I TRIED TO DO THIS FROM MEMORY XD

Ruka's barking wakes me up at dawn. I groan and furrow my eyebrows, rubbing the blurriness from my eyes.

"What the heck?" I sit up. "What's wrong?" She barks again and runs down the street. Hurrying to my feet, I run after her. Several early risers step out of my way and yell for me to watch it, but I ignore them, following the dog down the muddy road. She makes a sharp right turn into and alley and we both stop, though she hunches forward and growls, teeth barred.

"Nice seeing you again." No way...

"S.." I blink to force away the flashing images of things I don't have time to place. "Sephiroth."

"Oh no," he chuckles. "Merely an image. Of course, you might just be going insane."

"Right," I frown, stepping back slowly. "Insane. Like I wasn't already."

"I'm searching for Mother," he smirks. "It would be most unfortunate if I couldn't bring her together."

"What are you talking about? You're dead! I killed you!"

"Yes, you did. But there are still pieces of me that walk this planet. I was merely giving you a warning, Aunt."

"Why?"

"Because Mother believes she can still accept you," he lifts his chin. "You are her sister, are you not? You can still be saved." He's got it all wrong...

"Just go back to wherever illusions come from," I mutter, turning and walking away. "Come on, Ruka."

"Just remember that they'll be searching for Mother. We know she's nearby."

I whip my head around to look at him, but he's gone. Maybe that sandwich was spoiled... My phone rings, snapping me out of my trance. I've been able to find the odd outlet here and there, and the people I bought this from insisted that I don't have to pay because I'm from Avalanche. I flip it open and hold the device up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"What's up, Vi?!" Yeah.. Reno and I sort of came to a point where you could say we're friends. But we're not. It just looks that way to outsiders. There are still too many road blocks: he still won't forgive me for kicking his butt years ago, I still have a hard time being around him for a long time, he's a Shinra worker, I'm a demon. But at least we're not at each other's throats anymore.

"I'm sitting in an alley and hoping that I'm not hallucinating."

"That ain't one of the symptoms, I don't think," he chuckles.

"I'll write it down just in case," I roll my eyes and lean back against the dirty brick wall, gray obviously. Because that's very obviously the only color known to Midgar. That, or the architects here are all color blind. Rather, the architects wished for all people to be color blind. "What did you need?"

"Oh #&%+, where do I start?" I smile to myself and shake my head. Typical Reno. "So we got sent out to the Northern Crater to pick up Elena and Tseng, who have Jenova's head. There were these three weirdos there lookin' for 'Mother' or whatever and they pretty much killed those two. Me and Rude got out okay, but I'm not so sure about Laney and Tseng."